teh 200g DD

Karl Hevacheck

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2013
Messages
119
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got some help to bring this inside after repainting the stand. I also beefed up the stand with some 2x4's. It has been leveled and ready for plumbing, then water. I am upgrading from a 120g sps tank. This tank will aslo be mostly sps. I love the space front to back. "Theres so much room for activities."





 
Very nice tank.
 
I didn't like the blue background so I tinted it black. I also got a chance to turn on the Vertex SR360, played with it a little. I will be running two Ocean Revive S206 units on the other side. I will also be doing a side by side comparison with some of my corals.


Pic of the sump and finished plumbing.


I couldn't figure how I was going to use filter socks. All the units sold seemed like it wouldn't work with my sump, and I didn't want to spend $50+ dollars to find out that it wouldn't work. I had to improvise and found these cheap universal cup holders. I broke off the bottoms and it fits perfect for a 4" filter sock.



More to come.
 
Following along! I love the cup holder!! ;) Very innovative.

What is your stock list (current or planned)?
 
Thank you. Everything is from my old 120g. I have mostly sps.

Current fish list:
3 carberryi anthias
Purple tang
Pair of clarkiis
Pair of red fire fish
Melanarus wrasse
Cleaner wrasse
Red head Solon wrasse

Want to add:
Foxface
Orange shoulder tang
3 more carberryi's
4-5 tukka purple queen anthias'
 
Looks great man!
 
The skimmer finally broke in, and started to pull some gunk.

pics





purple tang kept photo bombing my pics.
 
Last edited:
Looks good! I'll be starting a 200DD build in less than 2 months and I get geeked seeing what other people are doing with theirs!
 
Lol guess i'm going to walmart today to get a coffee cup holder!! Great idea. Also the tank is looking real good.
 
Very nice update with the pic after 6months I love that 200DD it's a fantastic build taggin along
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new