television shows about our hobby

  • Thread starter Thread starter teddy13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

teddy13

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2012
Messages
498
Reaction score
2
Location
Union City, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what television shows about the ocean, reefs, or tanks do you watch? I personally watch tanked and then last night on animal planet I caught a show called blue planet, deep seas I believe. it was actually interesting to see how things work in the wild. I have also seen a show where a company out of Louisiana builds artificial reefs for the gulf out of things like planes, cars, ships and such.. they also do memorial reefs where a persons ashes are put into one of the artificial reefs and then sunk..
 
Fish tank kings. Not tanked. On tanked they "cycle their water" in 10 minuets, they don't quarantine. And they never know what can go together. 90% if whats on the show is fake. When I went to their facility I saw tanks like the car tank, gum ball tank, and others sitting there that they supposedly set up and kept. Bret has an amazing eel tank, and every tank they have is perfect. However for the customers they don't so this. Recently they had a shark eat two or three lookdowns and then another shark run into something in the tank and die. All on the same day in the same tank. The owners said that they did not give them enough chance to acclimate and the sharks were just flown in from the ocean.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
 
Last edited:
Fish tank kings is the best. I love how they bicker.


Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
12g Nanoreef. Zooanthids, Ricordia, Star Polyps, Acans and two clownfish. CF Lighting, 75% actinic blue, 25% 10,000k white.
 
well i looked and it is not carried my charter in my area.. at least that i can find.. soo less i can find a place online i cant see it
 
I have seen many episodes of tanked and I wish they would take a little more time and tell/show people about proper acclimation and such. Some of the combination and numbers of live stock in some of those tanks they build is insane.
I have yet to see Fish Tank Kings. I will have to check that one out.
 
Tanks drives me crazy! I just sit and watch thinking...who the heck is gonna clean and up keep those dang big tanks?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new