!! Tell me about your Tangs !!

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 6 ft long 125 gallon sps dominant reef tank with only 2 clownfish right now. I'm going to be adding some tangs and I am fumbling around with what types/combinations to get. I will be getting juvi's as I want them to have plenty of room to swim and grow, and then I am moving into a custom 300 gallon in about a year or so. Right now I am thinking Powder Blue, Blue Hippo and Powder Brown. (This is the MAX for a 6 ft tank size, imo) I am going to add them all at once. I am curious as to what you have in your tank tang wise, how they get along and how that process is and was for you. Things like introducing them/ adding them at once, one by one, any "fights" in the neighborhood and anything else you my want to share with your tangs ... for all us Tang lovers I thought this would be a good question as I am always curious as to what other have in heir tanks and how they all get along as everyone is different and has had different experiences with Tangs. So I welcome hearing about what Tangs you have in your little salty piece of heaven and getting them all to get along ...

Attachments

• Powder_Blue_Tang.jpg
    Powder_Blue_Tang.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get yourself a bristletooth tang, I love my tomini they have nicer coloration IMO than pictures justify. Mine has his vibrant orange tips with brown body speckled with orange spots plus his white tail. And they stay on smaller side

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Powder Blue and a Powder Brown in the same tank most likely won't work out. I only have one Powder Blue in a 120 gal. There's no way now that I can add any other fish that even comes close to it in size or shape. He's been in there for 3 1/2 years. When he was much smaller he was in a 75 gal and I tried to introduce a Raccoon Butterfly and World War III broke out. It was so preoccupied with trying to kill the butterfly that I just reached in and snatched him out. That's how he ended up in the 120 gal and he's been in there ever since.

It took about six months for him to quit posturing because he could see the butterfly in the other tank.

90greefman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a scopus, blue hippo, convict, sailfin and tomini. Convict, blue hippo and tomini are my favorites. I just like their colors and they all are very active.

OP
OP
specialk

specialk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Powder Blue and a Powder Brown in the same tank most likely won't work out. I only have one Powder Blue in a 120 gal. There's no way now that I can add any other fish that even comes close to it in size or shape. He's been in there for 3 1/2 years. When he was much smaller he was in a 75 gal and I tried to introduce a Raccoon Butterfly and World War III broke out. It was so preoccupied with trying to kill the butterfly that I just reached in and snatched him out. That's how he ended up in the 120 gal and he's been in there ever since.

It took about six months for him to quit posturing because he could see the butterfly in the other tank.
I was afraid of that ... I know the powder blues are some of the more aggressive of the tangs. I may opt to wait on the power blue and go with something else.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 60 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back