Temp recovery

  • Thread starter Thread starter ou12004
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ou12004

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
426
Reaction score
281
Location
Austin, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home from work in Austin and this is the first cold day we have had all year and found that my tank temp dropped from 78 to 73 because the heater failed. I replaced the heater and I am bringing the temp up. This is only a 30 gallon tank should I just set the heater at 78 and let it slowly reheat the tank? Or set it lower then raise the max later?
 
Do you allow your temp to fluctuate normally, or keep it steady?

If the normal temps fluctuate I wouldn't be concerned about how quickly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new