Temp, salinity, and PH monitored via Hydros

mmorrison55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2024
Messages
1,849
Reaction score
1,536
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Starting over my nano build and Setting up a IM 25 Lagoon and would like to monitor Salinity, PH, and temp.

What’s my least expensive option of being able to monitor all 3 via #H#Hydros

Do any of you Hydros users test salinity and PH without the IV? If the IV is a must, then im thinking the x10 would be the only way to go since it would need the dosingmpumps to fill up the isolated vessel for testing the parameters. Im curious if the IV makes that much of a difference. But the thoughts of buying an x10, iv and salinity probe @ around 3-5x the cost of the nano tank doesn’t feel right for this build.
 
You can do it with the Launch since it has a pH and a salinity port. It also has 4 AC outlets, 2 drive ports and 4 sense ports. The temp sensors hook to a sense port. I have a salinity and pH probe in my sump. The Launch does not come with a salinity probe so you would need to get that separately.
 
So is the launch and x10 the only hydrospace devices that has the salinity port?
 
Nvm, I see this x3s would do salinity as well, it no ph.

IMG_0455.png
 
Nvm, I see this x3s would do salinity as well, it no ph.

IMG_0455.png
The X3-S can be connected to a collective to add a salinity port. So you could get another controller and a command bus cable and a couple of terminators and create a collective. A collective acts like one large controller with all inputs and outputs of it's member controllers. My large collective has 15 controllers in it.
 
I do pH and temp off the x4 but not salinity. Honestly don’t see a need to monitor salinity with an ATO. (I test it when I do water changes).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new