Temperature fluctuation

bthomas04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just moved into an apartment and about to set up a 15 gallon Innovative marine nano. The coldest I can get the air temperature in the apartment with the wall air is about 77 degrees in the summer. I’m concerned about the tank getting too hot once it’s all setup. Do you think this nano tank will generate enough heat to over shoot the recommended tank temperature? I’m gonna be using a Kessel A80 light. I always hear stability is key but I’m just worried about the fluctuation in temperature especially on a nano tank or will I be

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think so...Usually it's the lights that generate the most heat, and if they are high enough over the tank that's not really an issue. You can always install a little fan to get some of that heat out. I have a 125 and 3 160 watt lights installed into the canopy, maybe 6 inches above the water level, and it takes an entire day to raise the temperature .3 degrees. Early morning it's about 77.6-7, at night by the time lights go out, it's typically 78. The heater is set for 77.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back