Temperature fluctuations for coral

ZachariahBeanz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2024
Messages
225
Reaction score
85
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’ve had my tank for about 2 months, and I’m currently looking into lighting for my tank. I was planning on getting corals (softies and lps) once my tank is ready. However, my tank temperature fluctuates about 2°f everyday. It usually starts around 77°f at the start of the day, and can get up to 78-78.5°f and it sometimes drops to around 76°f. Will this negatively affect my coral, or is this fluctuation okay?
 
Small fluctuations are fine. Even a heater or a chiller will raise/drop temp a couple degrees before it shuts off
 
Hi, I’ve had my tank for about 2 months, and I’m currently looking into lighting for my tank. I was planning on getting corals (softies and lps) once my tank is ready. However, my tank temperature fluctuates about 2°f everyday. It usually starts around 77°f at the start of the day, and can get up to 78-78.5°f and it sometimes drops to around 76°f. Will this negatively affect my coral, or is this fluctuation okay?
It's fine. That's a very minor fluctuation.
 
My tank is 76F in the winter before the heater kicks on, and in the summer on hot days it's 83F. Fish and coral does not show any signs of stress.

Those numbers are my tolerances though. Anything colder or hotter, I don't personally feel comfortable leaving them outside of that range for long term.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new