Temperature probe for Mobius

  • Thread starter Thread starter DmitryB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DmitryB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
1,212
Reaction score
932
Location
Hunter, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am using Helio heaters, but there does not appear to be a way to keep track of the temperatures remotely. The alarm going off when I'm not home isn't very helpful. Is there a stand-alone temperature tracker that will connect to Mobius? I got an Apex and that works, but this is for my 40 gallon, which is in a different room from where the Apex will be, so I don't think possible to connect. All the searches I've done here are really about heaters that will connect to Mobius, but I'm looking for a stand-alone probe to keep track of temperature, not control it.
 
Can buy a WiFi inkbird and let it do both. Built in heater thermostats are not the most accurate.
Helios come with a separate probe, that's in the tank. But the system doesn't connect to any Apps, so I can't monitor it remotely. So I just wanted that will let me see the temp on Mobius.

Or I guess any other app because it doesn't seem like Mobius does any temp monitoring.
 
Mobius is bluetooth, so youd only be able to see it locally, not remotely. So Im not understanding the value.

That being said, as @Tangdora said, an inkwoird will connect to your home network, has a cloud based app that can monitor, track, and control temp with a heater. Thats gonna be your easiest and cheapest route
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new