Temporarily Moving/Relocating Fluval Evo 13.5

RhiD08

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

Recently we’ve been planning to redo the flooring on the second floor of our house. This is also where I keep my Fluval Evo 13.5 that I’ve had up and running for about 9 months now. I don’t have much in it apart from the filtration system, pump, heater, sand, live rock, a pair of clowns, 1 Mexican turbo snail, 2 astrea snails, 2 blue hermit crabs, a gsp on the wall, a kenya tree, and a pulsing xenia. If we were to proceed and redo the flooring, what is the best way to move the aquarium? Would I be able to remove half of the water and move it on the stand and set it up elsewhere or would I have to completely empty the tank and move it separately from the stand? I’m just worried about potentially killing any of my fish, inverts, and/or corals as well as potentially sending the tank into a recycle! Does anyone have any tips or advice on how I could move the tank while the floor is being replaced? Thank you so much in advance!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the sand bed is clean, it shouldn't be an issue. You can get a siphon and clean the sand before hand it you need to. I would take the rocks, put them in a bucket, move the tank, put the rocks back in. That should lower the water, but you can drain some more into a bucket if you need to. This is assuming it will only take a minute or two to move it (which is what I was imagining since its a tiny tank). Just make sure to let the heater cool off before it is exposed to air.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back