Temporarily Moving/Relocating Fluval Evo 13.5

RhiD08

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 28, 2020
Messages
80
Reaction score
45
Location
ontario
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

Recently we’ve been planning to redo the flooring on the second floor of our house. This is also where I keep my Fluval Evo 13.5 that I’ve had up and running for about 9 months now. I don’t have much in it apart from the filtration system, pump, heater, sand, live rock, a pair of clowns, 1 Mexican turbo snail, 2 astrea snails, 2 blue hermit crabs, a gsp on the wall, a kenya tree, and a pulsing xenia. If we were to proceed and redo the flooring, what is the best way to move the aquarium? Would I be able to remove half of the water and move it on the stand and set it up elsewhere or would I have to completely empty the tank and move it separately from the stand? I’m just worried about potentially killing any of my fish, inverts, and/or corals as well as potentially sending the tank into a recycle! Does anyone have any tips or advice on how I could move the tank while the floor is being replaced? Thank you so much in advance!
 
As long as the sand bed is clean, it shouldn't be an issue. You can get a siphon and clean the sand before hand it you need to. I would take the rocks, put them in a bucket, move the tank, put the rocks back in. That should lower the water, but you can drain some more into a bucket if you need to. This is assuming it will only take a minute or two to move it (which is what I was imagining since its a tiny tank). Just make sure to let the heater cool off before it is exposed to air.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new