Temporary wattage fluctuation question

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something odd happened yesterday and I am wondering if someone might be able to provide some insight. I will try to make it short and concise.

I have a VarioS-8 DC pump that has been running for two years. The pump has been using around 74 watts per what Neptune Apex is showing. Yesterday for about 8 hours, the wattage started fluctuating from 50 to around 90 watts. I have the Neptune ATK at the same location where the return pump is. I also have cameras on the sump and display tank.

At no time during the fluctuation did the lower and upper sensors change from the norm. ATK filled up hourly at the same duration as other days. Viewing the sump and display tank did not show any change to the water level in the sump or display tank.

Does anyone have any ideas what caused the temporary fluctuation?

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could be a controller malfunction, if you reset it and you are consistently seeing fluctuations all the time simply switch the pumps around. If the fluctuation follows to the other channel it is the pump if the same channel keeps showing fluctuations then the controller is failing

OP
OP
F

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could be a controller malfunction, if you reset it and you are consistently seeing fluctuations all the time simply switch the pumps around. If the fluctuation follows to the other channel it is the pump if the same channel keeps showing fluctuations then the controller is failing

I’ll try it. Thanks.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back