• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Tenecor Aquariums cannot find

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy has been DM me about his tank and how we are missing our deadlines and breaking promises, etc and how he is going to post all about it and other threats. His tank has been done for two days now and waiting on one single little hose barb fitting. We asked him several times to contact us through our email so the CS team can make sure to answer his questions. His last DM was the final straw. We don't want to deal with customers like this. His order has been cancelled. His money has been refunded in full. Anyone want his setup >>>https://www.tenecoraquariums.com/products/advantage®-50-gallon-wet-dry-aio-aquarium-package-24x24x20 use this code >>> 600OFF at checkout and you can have his for $600 off.
Code is expired. New code "700OFF". Alby Cobalt BTW.

ronsonb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reminds me of when people go after Randy in discussions.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried buying it, but the code didn't work. I assume someone else already grabbed it. Nm, new code was put in place.

I had no issues with tenecor and their support when I was ordering a custom stand. They ensured I wouldbget want I needed and provided quick updates when I asked about the status. I used their support contact page when asking for an update and they responded in a few hours. I was told it would most likely ship out that week (was a holiday weekend so I didn'texpect it to ship then anyway), but it shipped the following week for an 8 business day production time.

I'd rather them miss a few deadlines and do it right than rush it. Seems there was an unknown expectation of daily updates, maybe?

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reminds me of when people go after Randy in discussions.
Just asking for some decorum. No one was out to cheat you. OP, Sir, your aquarium and stand will be sold today. If you still want one, you are welcome to purchase another one. I tried explaining to you that this is not our customer service. You refused to contact us by email with your questions. Current lead times are now three-four weeks, as they change all the time. Last month was very busy. We shipped 17 250 gallon and larger tanks and stands. But we still got yours done in less than two weeks. This month is the same. Delays can and will happen. Machines break down. Fabricators' kids get sick. We run out of elbows. We screw up and have to remake something. Again, you are welcome to reorder your aquarium or go buy another brand. This one though will sell to someone else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Peair

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only two? That’s pretty good in today’s day and age. You should have considered yourself lucky.

Now you’re gonna have to order from somewhere else, and you’ll likely have even more missed deadlines.
All I needed was communication Jay, buy not returning messages over weeks is not good, and he had no phone that would have been super helpful, at least now when I order from bigger companies I can talk to someone if there is delays.

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I needed was communication Jay, buy not returning messages over weeks is not good, and he had no phone that would have been super helpful, at least now when I order from bigger companies I can talk to someone if there is delays.
They stated the tank was built in 8 working days and you were qouted 2 week lead time. I am confused where there were weeks of missing communication and missed deadlines. What were the deadlines? Why didn't you contact the CSRs using their contact page? They send e.ails when your order moves to the next step, did those wind up in a spam folder?

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You refused to use email even after I explained to you more than a couple times that is the best way to communicate. All the best to you sir.

OP
OP
Peair

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You refused to use email even after I explained to you more than a couple times that is the best way to communicate. All the best to you sir.
Jeff, you gave No email address, and never said a Couple times, but you log on here everyday which the times that you are on here are always displayed.

Last edited:

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t comment on your experience with Tenecor but they have always been responsive and straight forward on the forum when it comes to fixing a customers issue.

OP
OP
Peair

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t comment on your experience with Tenecor but they have always been responsive and straight forward on the forum when it comes to fixing a customers issue.
I wish Jeff would have been that way to me.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tenecor Aquariums

Sorry to highjack the thread but since you’re here I figured I’d ask. I’m looking for a quote on a 10’x6’x2’ tank, is local pickup available? Awhile back when I asked for a quote on a 8’ I was told freight only, but I see you offer will call now

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tenecor Aquariums

Sorry to highjack the thread but since you’re here I figured I’d ask. I’m looking for a quote on a 10’x6’x2’ tank, is local pickup available? Awhile back when I asked for a quote on a 8’ I was told freight only, but I see you offer will call now
We don't make anything larger than 8 feet anymore The acrylic is non existent. All major mfg stopped making the big stuff. Hijack all you want. Not my thread.

OP
OP
Peair

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They stated the tank was built in 8 working days and you were qouted 2 week lead time. I am confused where there were weeks of missing communication and missed deadlines. What were the deadlines? Why didn't you contact the CSRs using their contact page? They send e.ails when your order moves to the next step, did those wind up in a spam folder?
No it was not built, there was no 8 working days, just two failed dead lines with no communication to the dead lines, and I wanted a phone number from Jeff so I feel better with the communication, and he just wanted to disappear.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it was not built, there was no 8 working days, just two failed dead lines with no communication to the dead lines, and I wanted a phone number from Jeff so I feel better with the communication, and he just wanted to disappear.
IMG_0168.jpeg

IMG_0169.png

Here were two pics I sent of the tank showing you the beautiful seams You are not being candid sir.

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wayofthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody seen or heard from Tenecor Aquariums, I saw Tenecor selling things here, and because of that I thought it was ok to buy, and then I was talking to Jeff Here on Reef2Reef before I ordered and he was going on how good his aquariums are so I ordered an aquarium and stand, but after I paid he disappeared, and he is overdue on his promise when my aquarium bundle will be done, and he is not returning my messages Here on Reef2Reef, and he has no business phone, I am worried because I paid a lot of money to him.
I ordered my frag tank from them and even though it is a beautiful tank, that was the most stressfull thing ive ever done.. after a week I started emailing and nothing.. called their number and it was some answering service then tried calling a few days later the number was disconnected. I thought for sure I got scammed. I kept emailing the finally after almost a month thet emailed back. He apologized and said they were crazy swamped with orders but mine was up next and should ship thursday.. (it was monday) well thursday came and went 2 more times and after about 5 more emails and 2 more weeks I got a shipping confirmation and 5 days later i received it.. all in all it was almost 2 months after I ordered that I received it.. like I said its a beautiful tank but I will NEVER order from them again. I was surprised to see them as a sponsor.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 36 29.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 17.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back