Tenecor's $29* ReefPoint® 3 Gallon DIY Frag Kit Drops This Thursday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

dansyr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We use lifeguards also. The holes are snug by design. Sloppy holes are one of the primary reasons bulkheads end up leaking over time.
Update: apparently there's some variance in the lifegard bulkheads? I only dry-fit 2 last night because they were such a pain to get out, it took me 20 minutes to get a single one out after forcing it in. but i tested with a 3rd bulkhead this morning and it slipped right in as expected, so i guess it was just two slightly overparameter bulkheads causing the issue last night? Because those two are certainly beyond snug but it definitely seems to be the bulkhead's issue.

AdamD76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the bulkheads are people using the standard or double threaded?
May be I should just get 2 of each...:thinking-face:

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for @Tenecor Aquariums when will the pedestal sump be available? That could solve all my worries for this build! TIA
Working on getting it programmed by next week. All of our CNC guys are pretty much booked for the week with other jobs. The design is done. Now need to make it into machine language

Trixter227

Wrasse Wrangler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Tenecor Aquariums im looking to get a AIO frag from yall. Anyway i can get the REEFPOINT® 22 GALLON PENINSULA AIO FRAG TANK | 36X18X8 but with 12inch height? I see the new ones you offer are getting deeper.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: apparently there's some variance in the lifegard bulkheads? I only dry-fit 2 last night because they were such a pain to get out, it took me 20 minutes to get a single one out after forcing it in. but i tested with a 3rd bulkhead this morning and it slipped right in as expected, so i guess it was just two slightly overparameter bulkheads causing the issue last night? Because those two are certainly beyond snug but it definitely seems to be the bulkhead's issue.
Just used 1/2" bulkheads correct? not sure if they went over 1/2" bulkheads or 1/2" for the hole size

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just got here so dryfitting right now. You will need to install bulkheads before gluing everything together. Also there is a nice tolerance for the acrylic pieces which is for the best as most of us (myself included) arent pro acrylic tank builders or anything. This will make it easier for a beginner like me not to screw it up too badly.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i pushed the tank sides back so the sides line up with the back of the tank as it made it easier to show the amount of extra space you have to mess up a bit and not be an issue with leaks

Attachments

• 20230123_145710.jpg
    20230123_145710.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 57

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shout-out to their customer service, I was missing a lid and one of my panels arrived scratched. I attached a pic in my email and they've already sent a new lid and panel no questions asked.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 161 73.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back