Terrible transaction w/ Tommy Shumpert

Discussion in 'Seller / Trader Feedback' started by LatinKing, Mar 22, 2018.

1. LatinKing

LatinKing Clownfish Breeder

About two weeks ago on 3/7/18 I sent a PayPal for $50.00 to hold a R24 Precision Marine Sump (used) $100 that the member Tommy Shumpert listed on a "for sale" thread. The total amount was $142.00 shipped. We made arrangements to hold, and that he will ship when I paid the balance of $92.00 which was paid Saturday, March 17th. The communication went smoothly, and no issue to hold the sump. That Saturday, March 17th when the balance was paid I requested the sump to be shipped the following Monday, March 19th and to provide a tracking number. The seller replied OK, and that there would not be an issue. Mid afternoon I send the seller a text asking if the sump was shipped and also requesting tracking information. The seller replied "I have not", "I will later today or in the morning". No further communication that day, and the seller did not ship the sump on Monday.

Tuesday, March 20th evening since I haven't heard from him with a tracking number I can only assume no tracking number, because it did not get shipped. So I contact the seller that evening at 6:34PM requesting a tracking number. The seller never replied or contact me on Tuesday.

Wednesday, March 21st I send a text at 6:36AM starting with a good morning, just wondering if you have any updates regarding the shipping and tracking information. 2 hours later at 8:28AM the seller replied stating that he was in Dallas yesterday 11PM last night. He said his wife was packing the sump to mail it yesterday and text me the dimensions. So the sump is actually an R30 not R24 Meaning 30" wide I forgot I replaced the 24" So I wanted to make sure if that still works for you
    Let me know so I can sent it out or refund...These were his exact words he texted me.

My replied at 8:47AM stating **** happens and can understand emergency! Yes please go ahead an ship the sump and provide tracking information.

The entire day did not get any tracking info and the sump was not shipped.
    I tried to contact the seller by phone, of course voicemail, I did leave a message to call me. I called this morning and left a message and no return call.

This morning Thursday, March 22nd I sent a text that said, Did you ship the sump? Provide carrier name and tracking. The seller replied at 7:48AM stating I will send you the track# when I get in the office. At 8:09AM text me the tracking number. In my investigation the seller still has not shipped the sump. The seller just create the label, the seller still has the sump in his possession.

Bottom-line I'm uncomfortable with this sale! Tommy, keep your sump. I want a full refund of $142.00 By end of day I don't receive a refund, I will contact PayPal and file a police report. Good luck with your sump.

I hate this and I don't like talking about any members, but if I send you money to buy something, then ship it and don't play games. I told the seller that I was waiting on the sump by the weekend to complete my setup. An he assure me several times that it was not a problem. One thing I hate texting, because now a days no one wants to talk on the phone.

2. LatinKing

LatinKing Clownfish Breeder

Last update from Thursday, March 22 I had contacted UPS a label was created, waiting for UPS to pickup, however was not pick-up and never shipped. I tried multiple times to contact the seller to cancel and request a refund, but the seller did not reply or respond to my messages.
    The seller could have go to his PayPal account online and refund the money back to me. I think he spend the money, this is call theft. My income comes from being disable from the military and I don't give my money away. Last result I had to contact PayPal and put in a put in a dispute. Now according to PayPal I have to wait until April 1st, but the seller could have this case closed by doing a refund. I have sold and purchase from members here and never a complaint but there's always that one.