Tessalata with a sea urchin?

  • Thread starter Thread starter HAAAAAAAA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HAAAAAAAA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2022
Messages
968
Reaction score
524
Location
Karnataka
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to a beach and found a urchin and so I got him back home and dumped him in the tank since it was a 4 hour drive and i didn't wanna take my sweet time acclimating him incase something happened and he's looking fine, moving around my plastic container in the tank aswell as climbing, but will he be okay with my tessalata? I don't want the tess biting him
 
Went to a beach and found a urchin and so I got him back home and dumped him in the tank since it was a 4 hour drive and i didn't wanna take my sweet time acclimating him incase something happened and he's looking fine, moving around my plastic container in the tank aswell as climbing, but will he be okay with my tessalata? I don't want the tess biting him

How big is the eel? I think the consensus is that it is generally safe but I have seen it go both ways with bigger eels.
 
How big is the eel? I think the consensus is that it is generally safe but I have seen it go both ways with bigger eels.
About 28-32 inches, I think it's safe for now since I had the urchin in a plastic container in the tank but he climbed off and the eel left him alone though he did take a few snoops on the urchin, though is it possible to identify this urchin? Since it was my first time seeing a urchin I was excited and picked him up Lol

IMG_20240128_231523.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new