Tessalata with a sea urchin?

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to a beach and found a urchin and so I got him back home and dumped him in the tank since it was a 4 hour drive and i didn't wanna take my sweet time acclimating him incase something happened and he's looking fine, moving around my plastic container in the tank aswell as climbing, but will he be okay with my tessalata? I don't want the tess biting him

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to a beach and found a urchin and so I got him back home and dumped him in the tank since it was a 4 hour drive and i didn't wanna take my sweet time acclimating him incase something happened and he's looking fine, moving around my plastic container in the tank aswell as climbing, but will he be okay with my tessalata? I don't want the tess biting him

How big is the eel? I think the consensus is that it is generally safe but I have seen it go both ways with bigger eels.

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is the eel? I think the consensus is that it is generally safe but I have seen it go both ways with bigger eels.
About 28-32 inches, I think it's safe for now since I had the urchin in a plastic container in the tank but he climbed off and the eel left him alone though he did take a few snoops on the urchin, though is it possible to identify this urchin? Since it was my first time seeing a urchin I was excited and picked him up Lol

IMG_20240128_231523.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%

Back