Test kit brands

Adam13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted in florida but meant to post here in FMAS. Please disregard the post in the general FL thread.

I am testing to get my parameters more inline now that phosphates have come down to a normal level.

So far all of my results have been very repeatable. Are the following brands good enough to give me precise readings?

pH, Nitrates API
Alk, Cal, Mag. Tropic Marin
Phosphates. Red Sea Pro

I test at the same time every night, and use a refractometer to record salinity and a thermometer to record temp.

I do 30% water changes with red sea coral pro and ro/di water every other week to help replace any trace elemts I am not testing for.

Any other tips on good testing procedures or other important values to test?

Adam

Arubix

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you got it down. Thats about all I test for really. The test kits you have are fine although everyone has their preferences.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd suggest a handheld ph monitor when it's time to replace your kit. Mine was only $10 and is so much more accurate. The only other cost is calibration solution. I got both on amazon. I also just bought salifert for nitrates after using API for years. I'll let you know what I think of the differences.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 54 65.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.8%
Back