Testing Calcium with Hanna

Michelesreef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2019
Messages
140
Reaction score
68
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've just tested my Calcium with Hanna twice now and it's telling me a reading of 520...
I was wondering if this could be why my tank water looks cloudy and my mushroom isn't as happy as he normally looks.
 
Possibly... But... As much as I love Hanna checkers, the Calcium checker..... Isn't good.....
Troublesome, inaccurate, frustrating and red are all adjectives I would use....
Cross check with a quality test like Salifert, RedSea, Nyos or LaMotte... All better than the Hanna.
To be very clear, I am only referencing the Calcium checker. The rest are awesome
 
Hanna CA checker is not accurate, it’s sample size is way to small.
 
okay i think so too. i tested again just now with the API Calcium test and it came back as 460. Do i need it to be higher or lower or is it good?
 
Possibly... But... As much as I love Hanna checkers, the Calcium checker..... Isn't good.....
Troublesome, inaccurate, frustrating and red are all adjectives I would use....
Cross check with a quality test like Salifert, RedSea, Nyos or LaMotte... All better than the Hanna.
To be very clear, I am only referencing the Calcium checker. The rest are awesome
Fortunately, we had API on hand but from what I've read, Nyos is the best, or up there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new