Testing questions:

WhatCouldGoWrong71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You could say it is operator error or potential contamination but there is a trend:
I did an ICP recently and it stated my mag was running low, using the calculator I discovered the amount I needed to dose and I am doing it over 4 days, today will be the 3rd corrective dose. Mind you, my ICP came back at 1350, so I did a corrective dose to 1370, but I also started 2 part dosing 6 weeks ago and haven't dosed any mag, so I thought the corrective would be fine. In doing this, I miss understood something, not realizing that I was correct in dosing my alk and cal in equal parts. So 2 days ago (today being 3rd test) I stopped dosing cal to evaluate my consumption. My trends for cal are in an upward trend even though I am not dosing any cal currently. Is this normal?

I am also amazed at how different each testing tool returns wildly different numbers.

Last question - The dummy I am cleaning all but 2 of my testing tubes in citric acid. Man did they come out clean, but it also removed the 10ML line, lol. Is there a place to buy these cheaper than the $15 I see at the local spots. Also, where can you get a replacement Hanna Nitrate filter plunger. The thing you put at the end of the dispenser prior to putting it in the checker for C1. Yeah, I know, I completely butchered that. Long day at work... Too lazy to look up the proper names :)
1692833086899.png

1692833086899.png

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually you see the results of any dosing within 24 hours, so I can't really offer any plausible explanation for the (apparent) increase over several days. A difference of ±20-30ppm is within the realm of testing error, though.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 42 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 47 49.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 7.3%
Back