Testing RODI water

Dinwooj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently setup my RODI system and am only using it to fill my ATO at the moment, but want to test it before I do for peace of mind. Is TDS the only important metric when testing or do I need to test for something else? Any suggestions on TDS testers? I live in the UK but am sure that doesn't make much difference!

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tds is normally the only important test on rodi, it should be zero, if you fill a plastic container for the Test, don’t be surprised if you get a reading of 2 or 3 as the container will add tds, best to rinse a glass with rodi water a few times then test, to get zero.

Some things won’t alter the tds, but are only generally tested for if there is an issue, such as silicates, also some test chlorine to see when their carbon filter is exhausted but many don’t, they just change when the recommendation on the filter suggests it’s time.

So short answer, TDS is the only one to worry about unless you are the OCD type.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back