Testing the Current USA R24

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you do a comparison on the Current USA R24s 52 watt vs the AI primes? They have similar specs on paper but there isn't much out there on them. Thanks

OP
OP
legionofdoon

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ai prime.
Lol didn't ask for an opinion nor did I ask which one I should get(which is what I assume your post is implying) but thanks. I would like to see actual data and controlled comparisons using the same setup they did for the AI primes.

Mystersynyster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol didn't ask for an opinion nor did I ask which one I should get(which is what I assume your post is implying) but thanks. I would like to see actual data and controlled comparisons using the same setup they did for the AI primes.
I am running the old orbit marine ic pro dual leds 48" have had them about 4 years on mixed lps softie tank. It is still impossible to find any data from brs comparing currents leds to top of line manufacturers, I am convinced it is because they are cheaper

drewsan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running the old orbit marine ic pro dual leds 48" have had them about 4 years on mixed lps softie tank. It is still impossible to find any data from brs comparing currents leds to top of line manufacturers, I am convinced it is because they are cheaper
I have the same 24" one. The price is similar to an ai prime hd, but it only can grow softies. Also I got current usa wave makers. almost double price to jebao, sigh... won't trust this brand again lol

Gungo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The R24 in my opinion has a better built quality and more LEDs. Current USA tried to mimic the spectrum of the old XR15 G4s meaning this light will give your tank this purplish look, some people like it and some don't. AI Prime has a light blue spectrum that is more appealing to the eye. AI prime has more controlability. Any you choose will be a good purchase.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Orbits are nothing compared to the R24 series. The orbits are not even good for softies I am seeing. I have Orbit IC Pro on each of my tanks and they are not providing enough par for even my mushroom corals. I really WANT to like Current USA products, but the more I use them the more crap they are. Without something like what OP is asking for here I am not willing to give them any more of my money.

OP
OP
legionofdoon

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how accurate the photone app is but using the sun at high noon at its lowest reference point (900-1500, I used 900) I was getting 980 at the surface and 300 on the sandbed with 3 over a 40 breeder. Regardless I was getting higher par at the surface than the sun was giving me at local noon and I live in Florida.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.4%
Back