Texas Gulf Coast Reefers: Harvey is coming for your tanks!

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4fb91d4dad59f96178d160e05e3f9ba1.jpg

7amlead_1503577825004_10348709_ver1.0.jpg

Get your gennies running, stock up on supplies (for family too! ;) ), and most importantly, stay safe!
I've got battery backup for short term power loss, a battery operated air bubbler to help out for longer term, and a gas generator I can fire up for the long haul. I'll make sure my RO and Salt tanks are full, too. Just in case.

Hoping it's not much more than a bunch of rain here in Houston.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4fb91d4dad59f96178d160e05e3f9ba1.jpg

7amlead_1503577825004_10348709_ver1.0.jpg

Get your gennies running, stock up on supplies (for family too! ;) ), and most importantly, stay safe!
I've got battery backup for short term power loss, a battery operated air bubbler to help out for longer term, and a gas generator I can fire up for the long haul. I'll make sure my RO and Salt tanks are full, too. Just in case.

Hoping it's not much more than a bunch of rain here in Houston.
Stay safe!

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now upgraded to a Category 3 Hurricane when it hits the Corpus area.

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The key word being COULD, it isn't even a hurricane yet....

Calm down, no need to induce panic
There's a difference between being prepared and being in a panic. I'd much rather be prepared than be caught off guard.
Yes, it is FORECAST to be a Cat 3 when it makes landfall. That could change. But it has been intensifying rapidly, quicker than initially expected.
I believe the next plane to fly in and give an update is at 4pm central time.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a difference between being prepared and being in a panic. I'd much rather be prepared than be caught off guard.
Yes, it is FORECAST to be a Cat 3 when it makes landfall. That could change. But it has been intensifying rapidly, quicker than initially expected.
I believe the next plane to fly in and give an update is at 4pm central time.
I agree. And originally they didn't even expected to become a tropical storm. Irregardless, in any case there's going to be widespread flooding and that's going to cause a lot of power outages. People will be stranded for 3-6 days that are staying home... Definitely need to be prepared for this one if you're in that location. I used to live in San Antonio so I understand how quickly it can flood there.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, it is expected to hit land, stop, and sit there for at least 3 days and rain, rain, rain. They just updated it to 65mph and seriously dropping pressure to 982mb. This baby is just cooking!

PSLReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It NOT officially forecasted to be a Cat 3.
Please provide any proof from NOAA or the weather channel showing it's forecasted to officially be a cat 3. I won't hold my breath.

Everything is maybe, could, possibly at this time.

I live in Florida so I'm welll aware of hurricanes...

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just watching a video on the weather channel and they said could be up to 30" in some areas because it's going to be stalling out. Wondering if I'm going to have company this weekend...my entire family is in Victoria.

manueldm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I drink RO/DI water? I am in Houston area I want to be prepared too.
If you don't have it already made disconnect your D I and then make it. You can drink it with the D I connected just not for long periods of time but it will be fine in an emergency. Hopefully you won't have to.....

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please provide any proof from NOAA or the weather channel showing it's forecasted to officially be a cat 3. I won't hold my breath.

With all due respect, I'm native Floridian, currently in San Antonio the last few years. I'm sure many Floridians have all spent time at one or another's hurricane parties laughing at people getting all worked up. Much of that changed for me after Wilma as a projected Cat 2 storm hit at Cat 3 and we took heavy damage along with 10 days without power...and it being only a Cat 3.

Only reason why I bring this up is just being from Florida doesn't make anyone a subject expert. It is a responsible thing to get everything in order, just in case. If there's anything us "Crackers" have learned since Hurricane Andrew is that after the storm passes is a crappy time to find a generator...

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Please provide proof that it WON'T be a Cat 3 or worse.
We are also well aware of hurricanes here in Texas. I was out of power for 17 days during Ike. And we got crazy flooded during Allison.
All I'm suggesting is be prepared. And yes... it is FORECAST to be a Cat 3 currently.

fore·cast
ˈfôrˌkast/
verb
  1. 1.
    predict or estimate (a future event or trend).

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 169 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back