Texas Waterbox 220.6 +Plus HD

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything going great so far. I’m actually disappointed I haven’t seen any algae grow/diatoms. I figured they would have shown up by now. Still no CUC ordered because of it.

If I can make a suggestion... Order your CUC. I wish I would have ordered it before I had the bloom. I was constantly in the tank making sure that the corals we had in there didn't die because the algae over took it. As soon as we got the CUC, everything was basically gone in 48 hours. I would just feed the CUC 2X a day until you have the bloom. Just my 2¢. :)

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can make a suggestion... Order your CUC. I wish I would have ordered it before I had the bloom. I was constantly in the tank making sure that the corals we had in there didn't die because the algae over took it. As soon as we got the CUC, everything was basically gone in 48 hours. I would just feed the CUC 2X a day until you have the bloom. Just my 2¢. :)

yall convinced me. Placed an order with Reef Cleaners that will be shipped Monday

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to see some brown spots popping up
image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed my first order from Algaebarn this morning. Ordered (2) Tisbee pods and (1) bottle of OceanMagik. Also since Im a new customer I'm receiving (1) nano brine shrimp bottle. In the refugium section of sump I might just thrown in the extra Life rock that I had leftover

My order from reef cleaners got shipped yesterday and will be here Thursday. Gives my diatoms even more time to appear.

Also got in my NYOS skimmer in yesterday but never opened the box to put it together. Maybe I will do that tonight

Joshua123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you adjust the micro screw , does the black pointed end fit perfectly inside the plastic tube or is it off to the side

Joshua123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is off to the side and no matter how tight I turn the adjustment it won’t center itself. I don’t know if I’ll need to close it down that far, hopefully I don’t since I bought this skimmer used. Super quiet skimmer though.

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say the micro bubbles in the DT is about 90-95% done. About to leave for the next few days so interested to see how tank looks when I get back. I have a Eheim auto feeder that will drop in pellets twice a day

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp after I took this picture I was checking out the tank and noticed only 1 clownfish. I quickly looked around and noticed the other jumped out. It was swimming this morning so couldn’t have been out too long. It didn’t make it though #RIPJustin. Still waiting to receive the lid to order any additional fish

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your clown. :(. Had the same thing happen with a YWG.

The item in your picture looks like a sponge. It's good, just leave it alone. :)

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp after I took this picture I was checking out the tank and noticed only 1 clownfish. I quickly looked around and noticed the other jumped out. It was swimming this morning so couldn’t have been out too long. It didn’t make it though #RIPJustin. Still waiting to receive the lid to order any additional fish

So Sorry! :(

OP
OP
J

jstephens24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some test kits in today: Hanna Alkalinity checker, Red Sea Pro Calcium and Salifert Magnesium. First time I have ever tested these in any tank. My results are:
Alk- 8.4
Ca- 350
Mg- 1170

I have a Hanna low phosphate checker coming in too. I’m using regular instant ocean salt and have not done any water changes yet. Could I add a few LPS or softies in or would I have to raise any of them?

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some test kits in today: Hanna Alkalinity checker, Red Sea Pro Calcium and Salifert Magnesium. First time I have ever tested these in any tank. My results are:
Alk- 8.4
Ca- 350
Mg- 1170

I have a Hanna low phosphate checker coming in too. I’m using regular instant ocean salt and have not done any water changes yet. Could I add a few LPS or softies in or would I have to raise any of them?
Cal and mag are a little low. If you want to add corals I would buy just one cheap zoa frag and see how it does. If after a few months it is looking good you can try a few more soft corals. I would wait until you have coralline before trying lps or sps

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back