Thalassoma hardwicke.

  • Thread starter Thread starter tyler1503
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2013
Messages
2,579
Reaction score
532
Location
Bega, NSW, Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I'm looking at getting a hardwicke wrasse for my 120.
If I end up getting one I'll add it last to try to reduce any aggression issues. The confirmed tanks mates are a snowflake eel and a valentini puffer and the planned tank mates are a couple of fuzzy dwarf lions, a foxface and a yellow eyed kole tang. So they're all fish that can either hold their own or (hopefully) not get picked on.
I understand any of the Thalassoma wrasses can be trouble, but I am hoping someone here has first hand experience with this particular species they could share.
Does anyone have any tips/suggestions? Especially advice on aggression.
I haven't had any wrasses in my personal tanks before, so I'm unsure what to expect.
Thanks in advance!
 
With the fish you have listed and when added last the hardwicke should be fine. IME the hardwicke is a little less aggressive than some of the other commonly available Thalasomma wrasses. It is a very active and very hardy fish.
 
Awesome! I think I've planned the fish list well. A little more research is necessary though. Thanks for the input.
I saw them in the wild at the ribbon reef in the Great Barrier Reef. The colour of the ones we see in the hobby are bland compared to their wild counterparts. I'm hoping if I get one, I can colour it almost up like a wild specimen.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new