Thankful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Today we observe what I feel we should be more aware of all the time. Although many face struggles and hardships, it is few who have nothing to be thankful for. Through our lives many obstacles present themselves. At 12 we lost my 16 year old brother and two of his friends to a car accident, nothing to be thankful for there? Yet one of my dearest friends is the brother of the one boy who lived. The very day of the accident my brother told his friends to quit picking on me, lol. Sibling rivalry and everything, but just that one action would stay with me forever, and reinforce the love we had for each other. Unlike some, this tragedy strengthened my parents relationship and I thank God that he gave me the parents he did.

I am so thankful for the family we have. Yep families are not always easy and smooth sailing, but we have been blessed with three girls and a boy. None of which have we had to bail out of jail, lol. All of who are people who we can look at with pride in their character and behavior. From 11 to 34 years old, some have become fine young adults and of course our Calliope who is possibly the nicest most considerate person I know.

As many may know I have faced a year of surgeries repairing the damage I have done to myself running my construction business for the last 20+ years. As I faced months without any possible source of income, I had no idea how we would get through. I was culturing pods and phytoplankton for myself, and had started to offer it here in R2R marketplace hoping to help pay for the salt and equipment. I quickly had to learn how to package and ship the products. Although sales started really slow, I somehow was perceived as a business and it was suggested that I become a sponsor. Initially I was devastated as I saw no possible way to add an extra expense to our budget, but after much fretting and long discussions with my wife, we decided we would give it one month to see if I could sell enough to make at least a little something after paying the sponsorship and supplies. So we joined up and put it in God’s hands. We saw an immediate response to the announcement that @revhtree put out welcoming us, and it has been an exciting journey from there.

When I had my shoulder surgery my wife Sherry @Ocean_Queenie was forced to step in to help if we wanted to continue (up to that point I believe she felt it was my thing and she wanted nothing to do with it, lol). That changed so quickly as she started calling the shots. “Honey, you should write a thank you on the packing lists”. “Honey have you fed the pods, are they happy, what else do you need”? “Honey, can I join R2R”? What was my thing quickly became an our thing with Sherry taking great pride in what we do, even “polishing the bottles” with a microfiber cloth before we wrap them and seal them in their shipping outfits.

So I am thankful for the opportunity to be partners with my wife in this venture, as she wasn’t that keen on building houses with me. We are thankful to the R2R community (family) as it has offered us an opportunity to start this business and hopefully allow me a career opportunity that isn’t quite so hard on this old body. But even more so, the love and caring that we have experienced, I cannot count the number of R2R members who have reached out to offer encouragement and ask how I was doing. Even some who haven’t become customers.

Our family would like to wish our R2R family a very Happy Thanksgiving and pray that God will richly bless you and yours in the days, months and years to come.

If anyone out here feels they have nothing to be thankful for and life is grinding you down, do not hesitate to PM me as I would gladly offer an ear, shoulder or anything else I can to help bring hope to your life.

Kent, Sherry and Calliope Steele

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
1700757505556.jpeg

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Today we observe what I feel we should be more aware of all the time. Although many face struggles and hardships, it is few who have nothing to be thankful for. Through our lives many obstacles present themselves. At 12 we lost my 16 year old brother and two of his friends to a car accident, nothing to be thankful for there? Yet one of my dearest friends is the brother of the one boy who lived. The very day of the accident my brother told his friends to quit picking on me, lol. Sibling rivalry and everything, but just that one action would stay with me forever, and reinforce the love we had for each other. Unlike some, this tragedy strengthened my parents relationship and I thank God that he gave me the parents he did.

I am so thankful for the family we have. Yep families are not always easy and smooth sailing, but we have been blessed with three girls and a boy. None of which have we had to bail out of jail, lol. All of who are people who we can look at with pride in their character and behavior. From 11 to 34 years old, some have become fine young adults and of course our Calliope who is possibly the nicest most considerate person I know.

As many may know I have faced a year of surgeries repairing the damage I have done to myself running my construction business for the last 20+ years. As I faced months without any possible source of income, I had no idea how we would get through. I was culturing pods and phytoplankton for myself, and had started to offer it here in R2R marketplace hoping to help pay for the salt and equipment. I quickly had to learn how to package and ship the products. Although sales started really slow, I somehow was perceived as a business and it was suggested that I become a sponsor. Initially I was devastated as I saw no possible way to add an extra expense to our budget, but after much fretting and long discussions with my wife, we decided we would give it one month to see if I could sell enough to make at least a little something after paying the sponsorship and supplies. So we joined up and put it in God’s hands. We saw an immediate response to the announcement that @revhtree put out welcoming us, and it has been an exciting journey from there.

When I had my shoulder surgery my wife Sherry @Ocean_Queenie was forced to step in to help if we wanted to continue (up to that point I believe she felt it was my thing and she wanted nothing to do with it, lol). That changed so quickly as she started calling the shots. “Honey, you should write a thank you on the packing lists”. “Honey have you fed the pods, are they happy, what else do you need”? “Honey, can I join R2R”? What was my thing quickly became an our thing with Sherry taking great pride in what we do, even “polishing the bottles” with a microfiber cloth before we wrap them and seal them in their shipping outfits.

So I am thankful for the opportunity to be partners with my wife in this venture, as she wasn’t that keen on building houses with me. We are thankful to the R2R community (family) as it has offered us an opportunity to start this business and hopefully allow me a career opportunity that isn’t quite so hard on this old body. But even more so, the love and caring that we have experienced, I cannot count the number of R2R members who have reached out to offer encouragement and ask how I was doing. Even some who haven’t become customers.

Our family would like to wish our R2R family a very Happy Thanksgiving and pray that God will richly bless you and yours in the days, months and years to come.

If anyone out here feels they have nothing to be thankful for and life is grinding you down, do not hesitate to PM me as I would gladly offer an ear, shoulder or anything else I can to help bring hope to your life.

Kent, Sherry and Calliope Steele
I have loved and named salt water fish for 20 years now lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 133 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back