Thanks for the add! Thanks for working hard to create a "scene" here!

Fyveonit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously, I know the work it takes. We have been doing the same for BMX in the area for a few years now haha. I am a web guy for a living ,and still despise keeping a Facebook / Forums active and following reach etc.

I live in Midland, but would love to attend a frag swap sometime. It would be worth the drive for sure.
I started my first FOWLR in 2002 I would say, after a few years of "Serious" Freshwater tanks. A few years later while in college I started my first "reef"...which went "okay" on such a budget. I only had some decent PC lights. So I mostly kept some brown Zoas...and some more brown scrolling Monti WAAAAAY up high...

When I headed back West, I decided to take a break until "I could do it right"...A few months ago I was dragged back into the hobby. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Anywho enough about me, can't wait to meet you all. Here is my current tank.

I have recently removed the big dead Blue Ridge skeleton, I love it in the tank, but felt I needed the lower mid space area it was taking up. I underestimated the flow of the Neptune Systems WAVS, Up top was too intense. and made the hard call to put it back on dry land. I loved the hiding places it brought!

Reed's Red Sea Reefer 170 (34G) Mixed Reef.

It's just under 3.5 months old, so nothing AWESOME yet!

20170203_134916.png

_DSC0121.png
_DSC0282.png
_DSC0221.png
_DSC0289.png
_DSC0285.png
_DSC0305.png
_DSC0307.png
_DSC0321.png
_DSC0333.png
_DSC0329.png
_DSC0347.png

_DSC0316.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fyveonit

Fyveonit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few others, have some Fire an Ice Zoa frags in the works if anyone is after any. They should establish and be ready by the end of the month.

f1.png

h1.png

z1.png

z2.png

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome and welcome aboard. I wouldn't be upset if the Facebook pages died, lol. There is a post in the stickies about our next meeting.

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO REEFER LEFT BEHIND and AQUASCAPING WORKSHOP
Feb. 25th @ 6 PM
Copper Caboose on Slide and 50th
No purchases necessary
Ok guys, the "No Reefer Left Behind" program is back!!! We had a great turn out for the last one, so let's make this one even better.
This is how it will work: We're asking for our members to donate a frag if they have extra of anything, it doesn't matter what it is. We'll put all the frags in a tank and let them open up while we do a workshop on aqua escaping using Marco products.

"Marco Rocks was founded in 2006. Spawned out of the belief that our industry needed a responsible "green" alternative to wild collected live rock. We quickly out grew our Mass Location In 2008 we expanded into a Key Largo location and thanks to your overwhelming support we quickly out grew that location also. In 2010 we moved to our current location in Homestead Florida, A fully licensed Florida aquaculture facility on over 5 acres. Now exporting to 7 countries, we produce all of our own rock products and are the largest producer and shipper of aquarium rock in the USA. We hope some of the photos below will give you a feel for a day around the Marco Rocks rock farm. For the 2013-2014 season we have plans to add an underwater location to our "farm" Stay tuned for more pics and updates."

Towards the end, everyone will draw a number then pick what frag they want in numerical order. We highly encourage newer reefers to attend so they can beef up their coral stock. Plus, it's a great way to meet all the people you see online. It'll be lots of fun and we hope to see you all there!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back