thanks to all team of reef2reef

Ninos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone

I'm kind of newbie with the saltwater fish tank I'm going to list what do I have in my Tank

45 pound of live Rock

60 pound of CaribSea Arag-Alive Bahamas Oolite Aquarium Sand

140 of blue legged hermit crab

2 of Yellowtail Damselfish

2 of Three stripe damselfish

1 of Azure Damselfish

1 of Chromis

1 of Spot Domino Damselfish

the filter that I'm using sunsun hw-b304b https://www.amazon.com/HW-704B-5-Stage-External-Canister-Sterilizer/dp/B015JMQRNC.

the lighting i have. Elive
LED Module Track Light 48". with 14 Pods. 6 blue, 8 white

http://elivepet.com/fish/products/led-lighting/led-module-track-light/.

how am I doing so far can you give me couple of tips here

out of your Experian what I'm doing good and what iam doing bad

I also attached some of picture of my fish tank

thank you very much for creating this beautiful website you guys are the best

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! From my experience, I would opt for a sump and a skimmer. Never been a fan of the canister filters unless you are just going to use it for chemical filtration and the UV. It all depends on what you are wanting to accomplish.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ninos
Welcome to Reef 2 Reef

Reef 2 Reef has many personalities with a lot of knowledge, but in the end, it is members like you that makes Reef 2 Reef so special.
We hope that you feel comfortable and at home.

Wish you all the best and thanks for choosing R2R as your reefing family.

#welcometor2r

Freddie

Last edited:

Mike Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R I agree with P-Dub on the canister, media clogging will give you a headache. Also with a tank that large I'd get that Chromis a few more buddies they're a great peacful schooling fish that do well in odd numbers I'd add 4 more to start I have 3 in my 55g once was 5 I need to add a couple more myself.

Last edited:

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef @Ninos !* Definitely keep that canister filter clean while you are using it.I agree that a sump and skimmer would be a good investment.I am not familiar with that particular lighting system.If you decide to try corals later on,a different one may be necessary.All that aside ,the decor looks lovely. I have a few artificial structures myself as part of my seascape.Best of luck with your aquarium!

1496077152511.jpg

OP
OP
Ninos

Ninos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update on My Tank

first I'd like to say thank to everybody for the nice reply

and I'm not sure if I supposed to repost here or open a new subject I apologize I'm new here

I did some more research and they were saying I should keep Anythink not live out of the tank so I took all those plastic rocks design out and I only kept live rocks

yeah my tank look empty now totally different but I guess I'm going to stock it little by little bit more Coral in the future

so it was a time to take all those starfish out. so i end up put them in a small 30 G tank I had extra

I got couple of gifts two different kind of anemone , two different clownfish and one small little tree

I took out some pictures if you can anybody can tell me what kind of anemone , clownfish
i have maybe a little more information about them

and I like to thank P-Dub for getting me into the skimmer I bought one and all I can say is wow is working very good maybe near future I was thinking to get a sump also will find out

so for now if u can guys give some more information that I need to keep this alive as the best condition

here's some pictures that will help
sorry for that not good pictures but that clownfish four of them they're orange and 3 of their yellowish they haven't left the anemone since I got them you can even see in the picture that I can stuck there

thank you again

8.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

Mike Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update on My Tank

first I'd like to say thank to everybody for the nice reply

and I'm not sure if I supposed to repost here or open a new subject I apologize I'm new here

I did some more research and they were saying I should keep Anythink not live out of the tank so I took all those plastic rocks design out and I only kept live rocks

yeah my tank look empty now totally different but I guess I'm going to stock it little by little bit more Coral in the future

so it was a time to take all those starfish out. so i end up put them in a small 30 G tank I had extra

I got couple of gifts two different kind of anemone , two different clownfish and one small little tree

I took out some pictures if you can anybody can tell me what kind of anemone , clownfish
i have maybe a little more information about them

and I like to thank P-Dub for getting me into the skimmer I bought one and all I can say is wow is working very good maybe near future I was thinking to get a sump also will find out

so for now if u can guys give some more information that I need to keep this alive as the best condition

here's some pictures that will help
sorry for that not good pictures but that clownfish four of them they're orange and 3 of their yellowish they haven't left the anemone since I got them you can even see in the picture that I can stuck there

thank you again

8.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg
The first anemone looks like a Seabae to me, the second anemone os a Haitian pink tip i think the clowns are ether A. oscelarius or A. percula I can't count the spines on the dorsal fin from these pics. A. Oscelarius has 10 sometumes 11 an A. Percula has 9 sometimes 10

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to your fan club.love the rock work.when I first saw the pics I thought oh no not plastic plants!just not a fan in a reef tank.glad to hear ya got rid of them.as for the clown the guys are right.hard to tell which one but who cares.they are yours,you enjoy them and they look beautiful.what size is that tank?

Mike Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again I like to thanks everybody replies and yes I'm reading day after day more and more I really want to make my tank look healthy I'm very far away but still by step
and my tank is 110 gallon
Read read read then reread is the best advice I can give you...

Back