That one crazy fish

LEOreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I move closer to putting a stock list into motion on my new build, I can't help but think about some of the stories I've read about that one fish with a crazy or outgoing personality. I figured it would be cool for everyone to post stories of different fish and the antics they are up to in there tanks!

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dog faced pufferfish jumped out of the tank while i was away from home.

I came home and seen it on the carpet covered in a thick slime coat. I thought poor guy, hes dead.

I picked him up and put it in the toilet. To my surprize it jolted and started swimming! Reluctantly i reached in the toilet and grabbed him out, and put him back in the display tank.

He was full of air and kept floating to the top. What i did to keep him in the water was hang a fish net over top of him. That kept him at the bottom of the tank.

A few days later he was swimming around normal!

One crazy fish!

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I catch him doing this once a week. Some times it is only a few times around the magfloat. Sometimes for a good hour.

I also have figure 8 puffer that will chase my finger around and circles. Then challenges me like he wants to fight me. He will smash his head against the glass and nip at my finger nail.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jewel blenny, you will fall in love with it, they are like tank monitors, mine is the queen of my 500 litre displays. ;)

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0516.JPG
My flame hawk is pretty funny he follows me wherever I go, if I put my face near the tank he will perch on whatever is closest and stare right at me.

Last edited:

hbetanzo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0516.JPG
My flame hawk is pretty funny he follows me wherever if go, if I put my face near the tank he will perch on whatever is closest and stare right at me.

Can you please tell me where did you get it? Mine died a few weeks ago and I try to get another one... my daughter and I loved it...

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you please tell me where did you get it? Mine died a few weeks ago and I try to get another one... my daughter and I loved it...
I got it from blue zoo aquatics, arrived very healthy went the full quarantine with no issues and eats like crazy.

hbetanzo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.. I'll check it out!! Beautiful fish!! We loved Flame hawk and we used to called it: "puerco" is pig in Spanish, because it eats like one of them...

Barrett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.. I'll check it out!! Beautiful fish!! We loved Flame hawk and we used to called it: "puerco" is pig in Spanish, because it eats like one of them...
Yes they do. My daughter named ours strawberry and she named the tang I got at the same time banana.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back