The 2009 TBRC Conference

Chris22582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I would share with everyone. Our local club is putting a reef conference together.Its going to have some great speakers and its at the Florida Aquarium. It should be a great time for all. Here is a link to all the info.

http://www.reefconference.com/

Thanks for looking everyone :D

OP
OP
Chris22582

Chris22582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is some more info. Anyone else going to go? :)

Conference Overview: The 2009 Tampa Bay Reef Conference is an event brought to you by The Tampa Bay Reef Club, of Tampa Bay Florida. Known as the "TBRC" the "clubs website is located at: http://www.tampabayreefclub.org/ more information about the club is available on the website. The Tampa Bay Reef Club is a Florida Non Profit Organization.

The event is planned for May 9, 2009 at the Florida Aquarium.

The event is envisioned to be a full day of learning and fun for all individuals interested in marine environments, exotic saltwater fish, reef keeping, reef tank preservation and corals from reefs around the world.
"Come spend the day learning new and innovative ideas for your hobby. Have a full day of fun hearing from the well known national speakers, seeing the newest vendor products and exhibits including unique corals & frags. Bring your family along for the day, they can enjoy all the shows and exhibits of the aquarium and you can join up with them anytime after or during the conference. BBQ available after (with fee)"
The events keynote speakers are: Anthony Calfo, James Fatherree and Chris Brightwell. Julian Sprung has been invited, but not yet confirmed as of the date of this release. Many of these speakers are prominent well known and respected within the national "reefing" community and have also been featured recently at the much respected and much larger national MACNA conference in Atlanta this past summer of 2008.
In addition to the conferences informational and educational topics, there will also be many raffle items given to club members and attendees during the event. Live exotic and limited addition corals will be on display (aqua cultured) some frags and coral colonies will be available to attendees at time of conference or by voucher.
The ticket for the conference INCLUDES full access to the Florida Aquarium's regular shows and exhibits, a special BONUS for conference attendees and their families. The TBRC plans to have a live mermaid actress and display for family pictures, free of charge and just for fun.
The conference is open to all interested in attending. You do not need to be a club member to attend.

OP
OP
Chris22582

Chris22582

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
08:00 am - Welcome attendees, meeting in the first conference room, sign-in, meet and greet other members and guests from all over, talk with the speakers and enjoy optional continental breakfast (with fee. ) Review raffle items, buy raffle tickets and conference and vendor t-shirts. First 100 attendees receive a welcome packet. Vendor displays open.
09:00 am - Doors open to the general public for the Aquarium entrance. Conference attendees welcome to tour the aquarium, vendor display., Introduction to vendors, speakers and sponsors, Intro to the "TBRC", announce days days agenda, 2009 TBRC handouts.
10:00-11:00 - First speaker: James Fatherree Duration: 1 hour Topic: Trinidad Clams11:00-11:15 - Break & First Raffle giveaway & vendor presentation.
11:15-12:15 - Second speaker (Key): Anthony Calfo Duration: 1 hour Topic: Building a marine fish room.12:15-12:30 - Raffle: Second raffle giveaway & vendor presentation.
12:30-1:30 - Lunch break, Optional All-you-can-Eat BBQ Buffet (reserved outdoor pavilion)
1:30 - 2:30 - Third speaker: Butch Ringelspaugh Duration: 1 hour Topic: aqua cultured corals 2:30 - 2:45 - Raffle: Third raffle giveaway & vendor presentation.
2:45 - 3:45 - Fourth speaker:Chris Brightwell Duration: 1 hour Topic: Water quality for the marine tank 3:45 - 4:00 - Raffle: Fourth raffle giveaway & vendor presentation.
4:00 - 5:00 - Vendor Display / Visit Aquarium / Open time: Frag event, vendor products review in classroom "A"
6:00 - Close of conference (Possible additional item give-away)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool sounds like fun!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back