0   0   0
52AA566D-AC32-4960-BA40-198EC65AEBF5.jpeg

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to use a laptop/desktop. Videos won’t load on my phone either. Until then, here’s a few horrible quick shots my (hopeful) pair in QT now :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

3E12DDA9-37AD-4830-B66D-60AD350B3981.jpeg

D6A8D364-9591-4017-87C2-3A6B9321CD07.jpeg

22B885A0-732A-4302-B8CE-E67BC6AFAB5E.jpeg
Good luck with the pairing!

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this in the quarantine section, but wanted to see if anyone here can help me out. I am expecting a pair of captive bred multibar angels next week. Since they are captive bred, do I need to quarantine them (ie copper power) or just observe them? thanks..

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this in the quarantine section, but wanted to see if anyone here can help me out. I am expecting a pair of captive bred multibar angels next week. Since they are captive bred, do I need to quarantine them (ie copper power) or just observe them? thanks..
I would just observe them for now, don’t treat any fish as soon as you get them. Instead observe them for a few days/weeks and see if they show sign of disease. If they do then you QT them.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tanggy Depends on weather you got them directly from the source or a store brought them in and put them in their system. Either way, I always put in qt tank and watch them and get them eating before treating with anything.

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tanggy Depends on weather you got them directly from the source or a store brought them in and put them in their system. Either way, I always put in qt tank and watch them and get them eating before treating with anything.
I am getting them from biota. I am assuming all their livestock are captive bred. Thanks for you input.

Tanggy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just observe them for now, don’t treat any fish as soon as you get them. Instead observe them for a few days/weeks and see if they show sign of disease. If they do then you QT them.
If they do show signs of "something" (ie flashing), what do you recommend to use copper power or cupramine?

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news. The scribbled never made it. Died within 4 days. Fish was purchased from a LFS that has quarantined the fish and conditioned it so it was ready for DT. It was eating blackworms. It was skinny, but was told that it was normal for a juvie.

However, not sure what happened, the fish never adapted to my tank. Never bullied. It just look completely off and very lethargic when added to my tank. Never attempted to eat. I tried, frozen mysis, brine, frozen blood worms, LRS, RODS. I contacted the LFS the following day and was told give it two days. On the 3rd day I knew it wasn't going to make it. There was no ich, no sign of torn fins or damage. Fourth day it was on its side barely breathing and eventually died the same day.

The owner said he will find me another. Not sure what I did wrong. This isn't my first rodeo with marine fish. Salinity was checked, temp was similar. My tank is thriving with two other angels, butterfly, anthias, royal grammas, tangs.... so it couldn't be the water quality. LFS thinks its the scribbled angel being shy and was stressed out by the amount of fish.
If so, how do i introduce another scribbled to my tank without stressing it out? Remove half my fish first?

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news. The scribbled never made it. Died within 4 days. Fish was purchased from a LFS that has quarantined the fish and conditioned it so it was ready for DT. It was eating blackworms. It was skinny, but was told that it was normal for a juvie.

However, not sure what happened, the fish never adapted to my tank. Never bullied. It just look completely off and very lethargic when added to my tank. Never attempted to eat. I tried, frozen mysis, brine, frozen blood worms, LRS, RODS. I contacted the LFS the following day and was told give it two days. On the 3rd day I knew it wasn't going to make it. There was no ich, no sign of torn fins or damage. Fourth day it was on its side barely breathing and eventually died the same day.

The owner said he will find me another. Not sure what I did wrong. This isn't my first rodeo with marine fish. Salinity was checked, temp was similar. My tank is thriving with two other angels, butterfly, anthias, royal grammas, tangs.... so it couldn't be the water quality. LFS thinks its the scribbled angel being shy and was stressed out by the amount of fish.
If so, how do i introduce another scribbled to my tank without stressing it out? Remove half my fish first?
Sound like you got one that wasn't fully acclimated to captivity and vigorously eating. Skinny fish of any type should be avoided.

Pneumatic_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would set up a separate tank to let the next one get acclimated and fat before introducing to DT. I’ve owned 3 scribbleds and they’ve all definitely been timid at first. My current female was skinny.

Try little neck clams on a half shell for any Angels that aren’t eating. Not frozen. Find a fresh source locally and shuck them yourself.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to remove fish. Get a large acclimation box to put inside DT with some pvc caves for fish to hide in.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Genicanthus is sporting some beautiful streamers finally. I’m sure they continue to grow day by day, do the females sport the nice streamers or is it just males?
I ask because as you can see… He’s still not reverted but also not transitioned.
B64A7A89-8788-4F2B-AD5F-F456215A2B2E.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 71 75.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back