OP
Aquaph8

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody really knows for sure as far as I know, I've heard of them going dark and then changing light again.

KologneKoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New camera and got some better shots of my multi color angel.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402290475.874695.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1402290495.589939.jpg

Question for all the angel lovers out there. I always see multi colors everywhere. But i have never seen one with this color to it. With so much black and so little white. I know he is healthy and happy. He is a fat fat fish and well fed. And no one picks on anyone in my tank. Just an interesting color to him. Didnt know if it was just normal when they get older they get darker or what.

Do what will make you happy.
There was an article in the German Koralle last issue about the colouring of the multicolor. What you are seeing is a kind of stress colouring. The fish may go dark or very light in colour to help hide themselves. The 'normal' colour is actually very golden and typical when the fish have settled in and tanks mates give them space. Also, there is a degree of colour variance, as one would well expect, still, from your fotos, I would say he is still settling in. You can see the gold developing on his side, so I wouldn't worry.

cheers,

J.

Sleeperr34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has been in the tank for over a yr. no one bothers him. And he doesnt bother anyone else as well. Not sure if i can believe it is stress coloring on him. But i guess I'll see in time. But already been a yr he. And if anything the coloring has darkened up a bit since i got him.

Do what will make you happy.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love angels but love coral more! HA!

dereks16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've tried lots to reverse my coral beauty issue. The HLLE is not getting worse but it is not getting better. I've since changed the diet and added Kent Zoe along with vitality. Do the water changes on schedule and stopped running cArbon completely. This has been roughly a month and a half to two months. Any suggestions.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've tried lots to reverse my coral beauty issue. The HLLE is not getting worse but it is not getting better. I've since changed the diet and added Kent Zoe along with vitality. Do the water changes on schedule and stopped running cArbon completely. This has been roughly a month and a half to two months. Any suggestions.
Well, I haven't done it personally, but I've heard of the New Life Spectrum Marine formula really helping to heal up fish with the disease.

dereks16

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eienna I've actually been using the new life spectrum for a long time. Amazing food. They all love it. And for the price this stuff lasts a long time. I've had this food for probably 8 months.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 43 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.2%
Back