The Aquarium Industry

disco_monster_

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2017
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I was wondering - how many of you actually work in the aquarium industry? I'm a product design student, with a couple years of planted/reef experience, and dream about having the opportunity to work in the design side of the industry. What have your experiences been?
 
Hello!

I was wondering - how many of you actually work in the aquarium industry? I'm a product design student, with a couple years of planted/reef experience, and dream about having the opportunity to work in the design side of the industry. What have your experiences been?
I don't know if it would be considered the aquarium industry, but I worked for Petsmart in petcare for a little while. I basically bagged the fish and cleaned the tanks. I am really hoping to one day get involved with the reefing industry. Whether it be working for a facility like liveaquaria or a local fish store that does saltwater reef stuff.
 
Back in my younger days, I managed a LFS and then did aquarium maintenance for several years. You sorta get burned out, start neglecting your home aquariums, etc. after awhile.
 
Back in my younger days, I managed a LFS and then did aquarium maintenance for several years. You sorta get burned out, start neglecting your home aquariums, etc. after awhile.
Pretty much this.

In my (limited) experience, people who own/manage/work in LFS or maintenance usually get to the point they don't have a home aquarium, and if they do its usually watered down to the point that its relatively low maintenance and easy to care for stuff.

Sometimes making a living kills the joy!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new