The Bandit's Corals

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are most of the corals growing in the Coral Bandit's (Mark Iltis) reef.
Gary

Full-tank shot
iltisfts01d.jpg

Echinata under actinics/reef brites. Some artistic liberty taken with the white balance
iltisechinatablue02c.jpg

Favia
iltisfavia01b.jpg

Montipora
iltismontipora01b.jpg

Acan
iltisacan01c.jpg

Chalice
iltischalice6stack01c.jpg

Chalice
iltischalice10stack01b.jpg

Echinata
iltisechinata9stack01c.jpg

Zoanthids under actinics and reef brites (repeating this to keep it in the group)
iltiszoanthid01c.jpg

Ricordea
iltisricordea01c.jpg

Last edited:

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow they really came out nice thanks again Gary, I gotta get one of those lenses... pending school lol

AaronP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mark,
Tank is looking great man. You still have all those frags I hooked you up with before you left? Would love to see some growth pics. I'm gonna have to stop by sometime if I make it out to Tampa this summer. Take care bud

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How come when you lied here I never saw this tank. Why do I have to see it on the internet first. I thought we where freinds!!!!

Na Mark it is a beautiful tank man!

Thanks bro it looked much better in Orlando (now its a clutter box), and I am sure I invited you before but you know my schedule is crazy.... stupid research and taking classes ending in ology lol

Your always welcome if you come my way though, as always its much nicer in person.

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Mark,
Tank is looking great man. You still have all those frags I hooked you up with before you left? Would love to see some growth pics. I'm gonna have to stop by sometime if I make it out to Tampa this summer. Take care bud

You can see the Setosa on the bottom right (I just broke it though I cant win with that coral :beat_brick:). I lost the PB :( the Tri color has spread out but not grown up and I finally am getting it to color up now that I switched to Phoenix's. Chris said your tank is rocking I cant wait to see it. I am def going T5 if I ever upgrade or if my ballast goes "a few friends I know" use them and get insane growth, and I love the even lighting so coral growth looks more natural.

Last edited:

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bro it looked much better in Orlando (now its a clutter box), and I am sure I invited you before but you know my schedule is crazy.... stupid research and taking classes ending in ology lol

Your always welcome if you come my way though, as always its much nicer in person.

Yeah I was suppose to stop by a couple times but either you had family just show up or I got called in to work. Everytime we tried to meet up something came up. Maybe next time I go down south for a fishing trip I will have to stop by. How far are you from Palmetto and Skyway bridge?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back