OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blenny caught eating my sps. Used the same coral placed in a trap to catch him , took a couple of days and got him on the second try. When i saw him in the trap he just sat there like he was at the dinner table when I closed the trap he lost his appetite. He is not banned to the Mangrove tank. I once before observed him munching on a coral but I thought it had STN and he was eating dying flesh not thinking he might have caused the whole event, might be why I have such poor polyp extension, but the Moorish Idol might something to do with that also

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blenny caught eating my sps. Used the same coral placed in a trap to catch him , took a couple of days and got him on the second try. When i saw him in the trap he just sat there like he was at the dinner table when I closed the trap he lost his appetite. He is not banned to the Mangrove tank. I once before observed him munching on a coral but I thought it had STN and he was eating dying flesh not thinking he might have caused the whole event, might be why I have such poor polyp extension, but the Moorish Idol might something to do with that also
what kind of blenny was it?

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sold to me as a black sailfin, but he is brown, looked black when he was tiny had him for about a year

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to change light bulbs. Changed T5 to 4 ATI coral plus and the MH are 2 20k radiums and 1 Ushio 14k, the tank is much brighter, befor it was just too blue. Hopefully I'll get better growth and stillretain good color

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS after bulbs changed
IMG_1363.JPG

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL the trap on the right has the coral in it as bait for the Blenny. not that its gone need to get a better FTS. Last FTS before build change
IMG_1253.JPG

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Fin M is doing great but don't know how much longer i can keep him , he loves acans and nips at some of my SPS, not all and I don't know what attracts him to certain ones

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks AT, No chiller just a fan in the sump and one blowing over the lights. Temp stays at about 77-79

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1483.JPG
ATI Essentials starts tomorrow, ICP sent today don't expect to get any results until mid Jan by then should have been dosing at least 3 weeks and ALK should be dialed in

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1483.JPG
ATI Essentials starts tomorrow, ICP sent today don't expect to get any results until mid Jan by then should have been dosing at least 3 weeks and ALK should be dialed in
I am going the same route. I guess I will start off with it - eventually. :) Hope it goes smoothly for you.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its been really difficult keeping my Alk dialed in and it just doesn't seem like the tanks consumption would very so greatly, plus I like then idea of no water changes, less room for error and less storage needed compared to large supply of 2 part and salt

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plus I like then idea of no water changes, less room for error and less storage needed compared to large supply of 2 part and salt
Same here. Although I did just order three 2.5 gallon containers that I have to find a place for soon. :) But, I can whittle down these boxes of salt too. It will be different than what I am used to, that's for sure.

OP
OP
Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is day 3 of ATI Essentials, ALK finally settling down, started dropping after initiation of ATI E. Started at about 7.2 which I had slowly decreased from 8.5 while using BRS 2 part. The lowest it got was 6.83 at which time I was increasing my ATI dose per chart directions, cal got above 500. I am presently dosing equal parts at 440ml per day on net vol of approx 260gal(984L). This morning Alk 7.33, Mag 1450, cal 490

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back