The Charlie Sheen Chalice Showoff! Must See!!!

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatup Reef2Reef!

This piece came out of the ocean around 7 months ago. After only a month of acclimation I cut up the entire colony to avoid losing a portion if it became unhealthy. For many months the frags did not grow or puff out much. They were changing color quite a bit. Originally this piece had a browner gold body with a somewhat light orange rim. It has slowly become very bright solid pink body with a super bright orange rim seen in flamethrowers. The rim sometimes has red in it as well. The body is filled with green, blue, and purple spots and streaks. When these spots and streaks hit the rim they turn bright green and purple. There is also yellow streaks in the rim. After changing color so much Im confident it will continue to color up and possibly new colors will color in the frags. Its been a very exciting piece to observe changing and getting healthier. I have the frags in one of the lowest light portions of my raceway. Before this photo session, its been very hard to get a photo because they get little light. I decided they looked healthy enough for a showoff! So I took a few frags out from their shade during the night and photographed them under LED light. That way they wouldnt get burned by having to sit with full lights out in the open with no flow for over an hour so I could get all these photos. I'll get some more pics up soon under different lighting and next to some of my other chalices.

Austin named it and I couldn't say it any better than him so here are his words:
"How about the Charlie Sheen Chalice since this thing looks like a party,and Charlie loves to party!haha!"

No more talk you gotta see this thing! There are a few frags of it you can tell which ones are the Charlie Sheen I'm sure ;)

361_edited-1.jpg

364_edited-1.jpg

photographed next to two colonies of JF Tangerine Dream
363_edited-1.jpg

360_edited-1.jpg

359_edited-1.jpg

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
358_edited-1.jpg

357_edited-1.jpg

356_edited-1.jpg

355_edited-1.jpg

354_edited-1.jpg

351_edited-1.jpg

353_edited-1.jpg

352_edited-1.jpg

I hope you enjoy looking at my photos of the Charlie Sheen! Im just amazed by this piece. I have never seen a chalice quite like it.

:xd:

Last edited:

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you post this just to eat away at us chalice addicts minds??????

Sweet one!

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha!I love the name :xd: hahaha!!!!LOL

I have got to see how this thing continues to grow out bro!Its awesome!LOL

I love how the color of it changes when it hits the rim!LOL,you notice that?

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great name for an amazing looking chalice. I'd be interested in seeing it under 10,000K lighting as well.

Thanks,
CJ

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the name. It fits two ways. It looks like a party and it's CRAZY :tongue:

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great name for an amazing looking chalice. I'd be interested in seeing it under 10,000K lighting as well.

Thanks,
CJ

10k is a little crazy i mean i dont know any one who use's 10k.

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duh... :) Lol you guys are great! Ill get some more photos under every type of light and next to all the other chalices I have ;) just give me some time

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Duh... :) Lol you guys are great! Ill get some more photos under every type of light and next to all the other chalices I have ;) just give me some time

Good,I better see some pictures of it under solar powered lighting or I will be very upset..................................................:snicker:

dragonheart

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Word bro that is one of my favorite chalices in the raceway.....im just glad that u where able to save it.....see u later bro...hit me up if u wanna kick it later tonight :)

Protein Skimmers – Are They Really Necessary?

• YES

Votes: 92 53.2%
  • NO

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 23 13.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back