!!!THE DROOP-u-LING MAW!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah I don't know why I am still so fascinated by stuff like this, but every time I clean this thing I say to myself, "you gotta get a pic of that"

Well, today I did.

Folks, here is the neck of my hard working Deltec 1455 just before a thorough cleaning. I mean this "crap" is off the charts. Another week or two and she'd be closed up completely I'm sure. The deposits are thick and powdery

So, all you fans and believers of your beloved other skimmers. Do your necks look like this? I'm asking really! Lets see some pics. I want to see some proof!

Roll out the troll mobiles, call me an idiot, and put me in my Deltec loving place!

IMG_8715_zpszlpqjh66.jpg

IMG_8715-2_zpszffvlkn0.jpg

Last edited:

Lonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Ok two questions.
A: how long did it take to get lime that after the cleaning? And

B: what makes a Deltec create deposits like that?

I run a skimz skimmer and thought it was doing great! Of course my bio load is way less but still, wow!!!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You win. Next skimmer is coming from you

Good man! These skimmers are the real secret to my success. Over a Decade now and I wouldn't trust my sps with anything else. and the pitch continue to ooze...

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow! Ok two questions.
A: how long did it take to get lime that after the cleaning? And

B: what makes a Deltec create deposits like that?

I run a skimz skimmer and thought it was doing great! Of course my bio load is way less but still, wow!!!

Hey Lonny! This is about two weeks worth. I could have really gone for the homer and let it close up but I just needed to clean it. Today! This is just what Deltecs do man. They are unbelievably effective skimming machines. You should see my 2560 with the cleaning head. It's much worse because I don't clean it nearly as often.

Lonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the one in the video where your scrapping like a half inch thick layer of "mud" out of the collection cup? I gotta get one year out of my skimz but I think I'll start putting some cash back for a Deltec from Ya in a few months! There's no denying your success with sps and if you give a skimmer that much credit that's good enough for me! If you don't have a model for approximately 170gl system I hope you do in a couple of months. Did you get moved into the new place?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is that the one in the video where your scrapping like a half inch thick layer of "mud" out of the collection cup? I gotta get one year out of my skimz but I think I'll start putting some cash back for a Deltec from Ya in a few months! There's no denying your success with sps and if you give a skimmer that much credit that's good enough for me! If you don't have a model for approximately 170gl system I hope you do in a couple of months. Did you get moved into the new place?

No, but good question! that was the monster 4580. He will be going on the new system. I test drove it last year and that's when I made that sledge ball vid. The 2560 is the heart and soul of my primary system. Roughly 800 gallons

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Adam, is the most beautiful scum I've ever seen. That is unbelievable! How long did it take for that to build up? That skimmer is dialed in. I'm sold, talk to you first of the year after Christmas moola in hand ;)

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I though my collection cup got gross. But this. This is a whole new level... and that shot is insane :eek: do you make a skimmer model for a 55g ?

Joshky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Compared to this my aquamaxx is trash. There, I said it. Do I get a free Deltec for coming clean? :rolleyes:

Deltec is #1 on my list if I can ever allocate the money, I wish you were selling them when I bought my aquamaxx I would've purchased from you in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Wow. I though my collection cup got gross. But this. This is a whole new level... and that shot is insane :eek: do you make a skimmer model for a 55g ?

HI there!

They sure do. The SCA1351 is your skimmer. A small yet powerhouse of a skimmer. I can send you a link if you like or you can do some site diving at Battlecorals.

Please let me know if you have any other questions at all.

Thanks a lot!

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI there!

They sure do. The SCA1351 is your skimmer. A small yet powerhouse of a skimmer. I can send you a link if you like or you can do some site diving at Battlecorals.

Please let me know if you have any other questions at all.

Thanks a lot!

Thank you for the quick response I appreciate that ! Checked them out on you're site, Impressed to say the least very affordable. Next in line after a much needed powerhead upgrade for sure ! I hope that my tank will be at a level worthy of some of those gems you harbor soon enough :cool:

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That Adam, is the most beautiful scum I've ever seen. That is unbelievable! How long did it take for that to build up? That skimmer is dialed in. I'm sold, talk to you first of the year after Christmas moola in hand ;)

Ok now your talking! You will not be disappointed Rik I guarantee. This buildup took about two weeks at the most. I have really come to take it for granted but man do these things skim like no other. I mean i am very used to seeing this now.

I was sure I'd get a slew of loyal and faithful Lifereefers or Curvies even, posting pics and insisting I was full of it by now, but alas. nothing.... I mean where are the trash talkers? Someone wants tell me downdraft is the king, or that their DIY will put this to shame. Let's see it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back