The fish seemed to itch. There was something unusual about him

xxxenmsy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all
My fish has been acting strangely. Recently I have observed that it is constantly banging against rocks and pipes. It is rubbing against rocks and pipes with its gills. It seems to itch. What should I do,I suspect it has gill parasites。 o_O o_O o_O o_O :eek:

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all
My fish has been acting strangely. Recently I have observed that it is constantly banging against rocks and pipes. It is rubbing against rocks and pipes with its gills. It seems to itch. What should I do,I suspect it has gill parasites。 o_O o_O o_O o_O :eek:
White light pics and a video would be best to help you out

OP
OP
xxxenmsy

xxxenmsy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His appetite is not very good, but he is free to eat algae on the rocks

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame Angelfish。 I've had it for two weeks
I know it is more work, but pictures and background information will help us try to figure out what is going on. Here is a link to some helpful hints about posting a problem:

Given what we know so far, the first conclusion would be that the fish has gill flukes. In the US, we have a product called Prazipro. I'm not sure what medication you would have available to you though.

Jay

OP
OP
xxxenmsy

xxxenmsy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it is more work, but pictures and background information will help us try to figure out what is going on. Here is a link to some helpful hints about posting a problem:

Given what we know so far, the first conclusion would be that the fish has gill flukes. In the US, we have a product called Prazipro. I'm not sure what medication you would have available to you though.

Jay
hi jay。I can be sure it has gill flukes but I can't buy prazipro here,

I currently own 38% formalin、hydrogen peroxide3% Are these things effective? Can you give me some suggestions

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi jay。I can be sure it has gill flukes but I can't buy prazipro here,

I currently own 38% formalin、hydrogen peroxide3% Are these things effective? Can you give me some suggestions
Formalin will give temporary relief, but if you return the fish to the same tank, they can just get infected again. You could also try a 5 minute freshwater dip. If you see improvement a few days after doing that, you can confirm it is likely flukes.
A video/pictures and background information would be needed to tell you more.
Jay

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back