OP
jason2459

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I'm finally getting around to swapping my DI stages and new DI into the last stage... Almost 6 months later!! That's awesome. I'm still reading "0" coming out but I'm seeing the bottom of the second stage changing colors. Time to swap.

I'm still getting about a TDS of 350 to 380 from the tap and 2-3 TDS out of the membrane and into the DI stages. I could not be happier at all with this unit. At 6 months I normally would be preemptively swapping out the prestages before RO membrane. It feels weird not doing it but holding off for 1 year with this larger 20" stages. I am getting 0 free/total chlorine coming out. Wish I had this system from the beginning. Not that the BRS rodi unit wasn't great but this setup is just a step above and for me is perfect.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jason2459

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can still absolutley 1zillion% recommend the Gapper. I am changing out DI like only once every 6 months and I'm just now preemptively changing out my carbon blocks. I'm not registering any chlorine post them but it's been over a year now and figure it's time.

Ordered them again from Buckeye. Very impressed with the volume that has gone through this unit and its chlorine reduction capacity. So, I decided to get the chloraguard filters again even though I don't have chloramines. They have a high chlorine rating and the fact I'm still registering 0 total chlorine is awesome.
http://www.buckeyehydro.com/chloraguard-chloramine-carbon-block/

OP
OP
jason2459

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jason2459;25065070 said:
Here we go, now it's straightened out and makes a lot more sense. Now it's much easier to get to the strainer to clean out. Like once a year or so when swapping out the prefilter?

5f0e4c1c0beecd8500226c0641b16f08.jpg

I finally got to use this setup officially after swapping out my prefilters tonight. Worked great. Rinsed out the prefilters straight to the floor drain. No pump needed or membrane involved.

Buckeye Hydro;25065342 said:
I'd check the screen in the strainer every six months, and a week after installing new carbon blocks. You can change that schedule based upon what you see.
Russ

I need to remember to check the strainer next week.

TDS going in tonight was 348. Out of the membrane pre-DI was 2. ;) Funny to say but I'm still excited over this rodi unit. Never disappoints.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll probably need to use a pair of channel locks on it the first time.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back