The GO & GRO Contest! WIN a Neptune Systems GRO Macroalgae Light!

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to use this on my 125 mixed reef!
111EDEB6-34C8-4ABC-B6E9-6D6168FA4979.jpeg

Whitesquall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yet to find a light that will grow chaeto for me, Most of the ones I’ve tried ether grow really slow or turn the algae light brown.

This would be a nice addition to my Apex system.
Will give thorough review if it makes it to me.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus 1: I need help getting rid of nuisance algae/bacterial growth. Dropping this light onto my sump will do wonders.

Attachments

• 4BB0BD4B-5FCB-4FB0-B4DC-3712B088F904.jpeg
    4BB0BD4B-5FCB-4FB0-B4DC-3712B088F904.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 33

Darins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official Entry: I like the shape of the light matching most refugiums. The comparison shows it produces a thicker macro given the shape and light dispersion.

Rosh225

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune GRO Giveaway copy.jpg

The Neptune Systems GO & GRO Contest!

Reef2Reef is proud to team up with Neptune Systems to bring you a fantastic giveaway where one winner will receive one of the newest additions to the famous line of Neptune Systems products, the GRO Macroalgae light! Some of the most successful reef aquariums employ the use of a macroalgae-filled growth area or refugium for the purpose of nutrient control. The GRO is a specialized, 20W LED light designed to grow many types of common macroalgaes (i.e. Chaetomorpha) using a specialized light spectrum which maximizes photosynthesis. It plugs directly into any available DC24 port in your Apex ecosystem, or alternatively, it can also be run completely standalone.

1617291830283.png

How to enter button ORANGE contest.jpg

Official Entry: Check out the GRO Macroalgae Light by Neptune Systems (CLICK HERE) and make a post in this thread telling us what you like most about it.

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

BONUS ENTRY:
Post any photo from your aquarium in this thread in which you will employ the new GRO LIGHT to do it's work!

BONUS ENTRY: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make. (we will verify if you are the chosen winner)

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE. #supportingmembers #partnermembers

The Prize Button ORANGE Contest.jpg

At the end of the month we will choose 1 winner to receive their very own GRO Macroalgae Light shipped to their door!

GRO-alone-bottom-flat-trans-1024x683-1.png

GRO-persp-above-trans-1024x1024-2.png

GRO-sump-bottom-up-persp-trans-1024x866-1.png

Drawing of Prizes and Notification of Winnings

Entries accepted through May 2rd, 2021. The winner will be chosen on May 3rd, 2021.

The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Special Thanks to Neptune Systems for sponsoring this great contest!
ATAquariums banner.png

#r2rgiveaway
I love that unlike most lights for growing macro algae these are squared instead of round.

JohnWMarshall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune GRO Giveaway copy.jpg

The Neptune Systems GO & GRO Contest!

Reef2Reef is proud to team up with Neptune Systems to bring you a fantastic giveaway where one winner will receive one of the newest additions to the famous line of Neptune Systems products, the GRO Macroalgae light! Some of the most successful reef aquariums employ the use of a macroalgae-filled growth area or refugium for the purpose of nutrient control. The GRO is a specialized, 20W LED light designed to grow many types of common macroalgaes (i.e. Chaetomorpha) using a specialized light spectrum which maximizes photosynthesis. It plugs directly into any available DC24 port in your Apex ecosystem, or alternatively, it can also be run completely standalone.

1617291830283.png

How to enter button ORANGE contest.jpg

Official Entry: Check out the GRO Macroalgae Light by Neptune Systems (CLICK HERE) and make a post in this thread telling us what you like most about it.

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

BONUS ENTRY:
Post any photo from your aquarium in this thread in which you will employ the new GRO LIGHT to do it's work!

BONUS ENTRY: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make. (we will verify if you are the chosen winner)

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE. #supportingmembers #partnermembers

The Prize Button ORANGE Contest.jpg

At the end of the month we will choose 1 winner to receive their very own GRO Macroalgae Light shipped to their door!

GRO-alone-bottom-flat-trans-1024x683-1.png

GRO-persp-above-trans-1024x1024-2.png

GRO-sump-bottom-up-persp-trans-1024x866-1.png

Drawing of Prizes and Notification of Winnings

Entries accepted through May 2rd, 2021. The winner will be chosen on May 3rd, 2021.

The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Special Thanks to Neptune Systems for sponsoring this great contest!
ATAquariums banner.png

#r2rgiveaway

JohnWMarshall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that it can be used stand alone as I don't have an Apex yet on the system for which I'd like use it.

reef2sanity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like how low profile it is and the shape of it (not just round) also plug and play with apex pretty nice as well. Would love to give this a try

joejstutes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like that the color spectrum it uses is the correct one to promote chaeto growth better than my current USA light that came off of my 20 gallon reef tank. Would be an amazing replacement.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back