The GO & GRO Contest! WIN a Neptune Systems GRO Macroalgae Light!

Daved4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
20210401_161309.jpg

Bonus entry #1 need the gro light for this set up! Still no fuge light installed

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune GRO Giveaway copy.jpg

The Neptune Systems GO & GRO Contest!

Reef2Reef is proud to team up with Neptune Systems to bring you a fantastic giveaway where one winner will receive one of the newest additions to the famous line of Neptune Systems products, the GRO Macroalgae light! Some of the most successful reef aquariums employ the use of a macroalgae-filled growth area or refugium for the purpose of nutrient control. The GRO is a specialized, 20W LED light designed to grow many types of common macroalgaes (i.e. Chaetomorpha) using a specialized light spectrum which maximizes photosynthesis. It plugs directly into any available DC24 port in your Apex ecosystem, or alternatively, it can also be run completely standalone.

1617291830283.png

How to enter button ORANGE contest.jpg

Official Entry: Check out the GRO Macroalgae Light by Neptune Systems (CLICK HERE) and make a post in this thread telling us what you like most about it.

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

BONUS ENTRY:
Post any photo from your aquarium in this thread in which you will employ the new GRO LIGHT to do it's work!

BONUS ENTRY: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make. (we will verify if you are the chosen winner)

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE. #supportingmembers #partnermembers

The Prize Button ORANGE Contest.jpg

At the end of the month we will choose 1 winner to receive their very own GRO Macroalgae Light shipped to their door!

GRO-alone-bottom-flat-trans-1024x683-1.png

GRO-persp-above-trans-1024x1024-2.png

GRO-sump-bottom-up-persp-trans-1024x866-1.png

Drawing of Prizes and Notification of Winnings

Entries accepted through May 2rd, 2021. The winner will be chosen on May 3rd, 2021.

The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Special Thanks to Neptune Systems for sponsoring this great contest!
ATAquariums banner.png

#r2rgiveaway
There are few items I see as a bonus with this light... Less Power consumption, The Shape, The Spread and the colors. The colors goes with MY existing color scheme (orange and gray). It would not be an odd item sticking out in my entire ecosystem. Second is the power consumption, utilizing the existing 24v port, means to me less wires running in an already congested areas to my controller cabinet. The shape I thing is also a point that the spread of the light will help chaeto grow more evening. Hopefully, I am lucky enough to win one; I need help growing my Chaeto, this seems to be the one to do it.

eel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reef2Reef is proud to team up with Neptune Systems to bring you a fantastic giveaway where one winner will receive one of the newest additions to the famous line of Neptune Systems products, the GRO Macroalgae light! Some of the most successful reef aquariums employ the use of a macroalgae-filled growth area or refugium for the purpose of nutrient control. The GRO is a specialized, 20W LED light designed to grow many types of common macroalgaes (i.e. Chaetomorpha) using a specialized light spectrum which maximizes photosynthesis. It plugs directly into any available DC24 port in your Apex ecosystem, or alternatively, it can also be run completely standalone.

1617291830283.png

Official Entry: Check out the GRO Macroalgae Light by Neptune Systems (CLICK HERE) and make a post in this thread telling us what you like most about it.

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

BONUS ENTRY:
Post any photo from your aquarium in this thread in which you will employ the new GRO LIGHT to do it's work!

BONUS ENTRY: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make. (we will verify if you are the chosen winner)

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE. #supportingmembers #partnermembers

At the end of the month we will choose 1 winner to receive their very own GRO Macroalgae Light shipped to their door!

Entries accepted through May 2rd, 2021. The winner will be chosen on May 3rd, 2021.

The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

ATAquariums banner.png

#r2rgiveaway
Love that the 84 LEDs in a rectangular form factor create even light intensity and no hotspots

eel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1617291830283.png

BONUS ENTRY:

ATAquariums banner.png

#r2rgiveaway
Bonus entry

Attachments

• 20210103_145111.jpg
    20210103_145111.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 26

saltybees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entry #2
Would be a great addition to my stock pile for the dream build! This is what it would be lighting

Attachments

• 2BA62A95-510E-4E91-877B-A77594BF0431.jpeg
    2BA62A95-510E-4E91-877B-A77594BF0431.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 17

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm have to be honest...

Don't get me wrong....I love my Apex's.
Have 2 controllers and many of the modules.
Lasted me 2 decades and still as good as new. Never Failed.
I've done a dozens of creative things with my Apex and still come up with new uses for total integration and control of 3 tanks.

Having Reliable Apex Controllers at home when I'm away from home is "Peace of Mind".

My Sump Room is a Apex Display Case, and I'm proud of my Apex Look setup.
AoexSumpRoom.jpg

I have the what Apex orignally branded as "Bullet Proof" Metal Gen Models (Apex Jr and EB8's).

I must be honest on my personal opinion, the GO-GRO LIGHT with the THICK ORANGE TRIM looks a bit Tacky.
A simple Apex Logo stamped somewhere on a all black body would have worked much better.
Even a touch of Orange using Multiple Thin Strip(s) would have more tech savy.

While I'm being honest the original Apex controllers & Modules in (Sleek Metal Black) looked better and more high tech than the re-branded models.

See for yourself. The Evolution of Apex Tech Look over time. No mentioning Materials since that's another topic.

ApexBrandingColors.jpg

I would never make this comparison had they Made the GO-GRO Light Slick and Modern Looking.

I'm sure the light is well designed, safe to operate unlike some lower priced lights out there....and like all things Apex, Fully Tested and proven to work as advertised, plus very reliable.

I'm also hoping Apex can take a little constructive critisism.

The GO GRO Light looks like a Fancy Floor Steam Cleaner with the Coloration and Rounded Edges.

You can disagree with me, and call me OLD SCHOOL, but I know SLICK AND HIGH TECH LOOKING when I see it.

Even this original product before Neptune Branding looked somewhat better.

ZetLight.jpg

Last edited:

fluked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry - i like the form factor, looks super sleek, and should spread the light evenly

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back