The great Elk migration

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This have nothing with reefing to do - but it have with the wonderful nature to do. Its slow TV and if you is stuck at home - be welcome to see one of the wonders in the world

Since more than 2000 of years - some of the moose (elk) population in northern Sweden have done a migration walk in the spring - crossing one of the large rivers in Sweden. Since two years - Swedish television rigg cameras and send slow TV from the migration.

If you scroll down here https://www.svtplay.se/video/26400826/den-stora-algvandringen you will come to 2020 and a number of days. The first is alway as we talk (direkt) but below that you will see Slow TV Dag xx

16:38 in at Slow TV dag 19 - you will see the first three crossing the river this year. 16:45 you will have Highlights of the day.
Most days - HighLights of the day is around 16:00 in the video. I hope you can see these videos in the US - you will not be disappointed of Swedish wildlife - and I promise you - you have never seen so many elks and not so close either

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I do not but there is elks in the forest here too, and we often see roe deer out at our backyard. And if take a walk in the forest - we have to look for wild boar. It happens that wolfs pass by (seldom) and there is lynx (you never see them but they are there)

But this migration is fantastic. The highlights today is at 15:30:38 and it starts with a Wolverine!!!! If it not start at that time scroll forward too 15:30:38

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wow really nice to see,thank you for taking time to do this :)

OP
OP
Lasse

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve spent more time than I would like to admit watching these videos. Again thanks for sharing. Thinking of leaving it playing on my tv.
wow really nice to see,thank you for taking time to do this :)
Thank you - these are very unique reports from wildlife exactly when it takes place. This migration is very old and include a swim tour that takes up to 5-7 minutes for the elks. They gather together on a small island/peninsula and wait for right moment to cross the river, temperature, stream and other factors. It is late this year - normally they all have pass the river in the beginning of May but till now - only 7 have crossed the river. The large swim tour is expected to take place rather soon. Keep tuned - I will report when it is happen.

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In ancient times, China’s borders (Han Chinese) were often raided by nomadic tribes from Siberia, Mongolia, and Manchuria. One of the reasons was because up there it was so cold that they could not plant many crops and their animals kept dying. That’s why they coveted the temperate conditions of the Central Plains. Those tribes hunted elks for fur and food.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back