OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Magnifica is not doing well. It closed up overnight and completely deflated. Mouth is open, as well. It was perfectly fine yesterday. Fully open and inflated (10" around). No changes to the tank or chemistry. Perplexed.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Magnifica is not doing well. It closed up overnight and completely deflated. Mouth is open, as well. It was perfectly fine yesterday. Fully open and inflated (10" around). No changes to the tank or chemistry. Perplexed.
Now it seems to be doing better. It has opened up and inflated some, but it's mouth is still open, somewhat. I think maybe I panicked a little bit and it was just taking an epic poop? I haven't seen it deflate so completely like that when it expels waste. Pardon the dirty glass, I need to scrape the side panel:

20231124_192517.jpg

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't they, like other Nems, open and close periodically to balance their chemistry with the water around them? It may have been expelling water and then rewatering?
They do, but it almost looked like it was melting.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In other news, I decided to pass on the new Leopard in favor of coral. Taking advantage of Black Friday, the following are on the way:

SPS: Red Planet, Orange Digi, WWC Green Austera, Purple Candle, Purple Planet, Miyagi Tort, Jedi Mind Trick Monti, Forest Fire Digi

LPS: Gold Rainbow Octospawn (2 heads), Mint Moon Duncan (8 heads)

Softies: Purple w/ Green Polyp Toadstool, Green Sinularia Colony (5"), Orange Rhodactis Shrooms (3), Bam Bam Zoa colony (15 polyps), Sunny Moon Zoa colony (12 polyps)

I'm not concerned about the LPS or softies at all, but want to guage how the new SPS frags do. Once I am comfortable, I'll be dropping a fairly substantial order with Battle Corals.

Everything should arrive on Wednesday. Let's go....!!!

Last edited:

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In other news, I decided to pass on the new Leopard in favor of coral. Taking advantage of Black Friday, the following are on the way:

SPS: Red Planet, Orange Digi, WWC Green Austera, Purple Candle, Purple Planet, Miyagi Tort, Jedi Mind Trick Monti, Forest Fire Digi

Softies: Purple w/ Green Polyp Toadstool, Green Sinularia Colony (5"), Orange Rhodactis Shrooms (3), Bam Bam Zoa colony (15 polyps), Sunny Moon Zoa colony (12 polyps)

I'm not concerned about the LPS or softies at all, but want to guage how the new SPS frags do. Once I am comfortable, I'll be dropping a fairly substantial order with Battle Corals.

FYI just my experience. That jedi mind trick grows fast and will encrust and wipe out everything it touches. Keep it somewhere isolated if you can like the back glass.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I lost my Red Planet. I love my Jedi Mind Trick and I have a Bubble Gum Digi that looks more Forest Fire at times.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
FYI just my experience. That jedi mind trick grows fast and will encrust and wipe out everything it touches. Keep it somewhere isolated if you can like the back glass.
Mine is growing super slow on my return pipe sleeve.
IMG_20230528_141731026.jpg

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine is growing super slow on my return pipe sleeve.
IMG_20230528_141731026.jpg
There is a bubblegum digi in one of the frag packs at BC that I want to order. I'm gonna give these a few weeks to see how they do before ordering though.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yup, it is going on the back wall in the right corner where it can't shade anything under it if it decides to plate, and I can frag it easily if it does.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There is a bubblegum digi in one of the frag packs at BC that I want to order. I'm gonna give these a few weeks to see how they do before ordering though.
He has a ROAB Digi that's kinda neat too - purple with green polyps. Similar to a Tubbs but a softer purple.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back