The House of Orange

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put up a potted magnolia next to that block wall, and a line of Podocarpus along the back wall.

Anyway, since we're not at the House of JoJo, @Fish Styx how's murderbug doing? I was just looking at KP and found this guy:

Tempting to jump on one of these acrylic DIY tanks for a murderbug of my own!
Do it it is one of the most intriguing little creatures. Probably my favorite thing I have kept so far.

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still got the sign up today?

1000015962.jpg

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still got the sign up today?

1000015962.jpg
Yessir. The dimmer switch just arrived yesterday afternoon. It was so obnoxiously bright that The Dainty Dictator would not let me turn it on until I could turn it down. lol.

She said from the street, it looked like Roxanne turning on her red light and the neighbors were gonna think that we were starting up a brothel.

When she said that, all I could say (and rather loudly at that) was, "RROOOCCCKKKSSSS!!"

She was not amused...

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do it it is one of the most intriguing little creatures. Probably my favorite thing I have kept so far.
After losing the brunneus, going to work on restocking the 40 first. More chances for a mantis later, but a curacaoensis is definitely on my radar!

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped by looking for help!

So, kamoer dosing pump.... Air in the lines. What do I do about that? I wanted to use clear tubing for this so I can see what's happening, but the tubing I thought was going to work is just letting air in both lines, both the in and out lines. The included tubing was hard plastic and annoying to work with so I opted for a clearish silicone airline. I had several to choose from and only one type fit the doser. Under testing conditions (on my counter) it performed perfectly. After installation under the tank, air in both lines and it's under dosing because of the air. I set up the dosing line to go into a container so I could measure the liquid it dosed to be sure what's happening.

Is there a trick to this? Better tubing? Smarter brain?

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I stopped by looking for help!

So, kamoer dosing pump.... Air in the lines. What do I do about that? I wanted to use clear tubing for this so I can see what's happening, but the tubing I thought was going to work is just letting air in both lines, both the in and out lines. The included tubing was hard plastic and annoying to work with so I opted for a clearish silicone airline. I had several to choose from and only one type fit the doser. Under testing conditions (on my counter) it performed perfectly. After installation under the tank, air in both lines and it's under dosing because of the air. I set up the dosing line to go into a container so I could measure the liquid it dosed to be sure what's happening.

Is there a trick to this? Better tubing? Smarter brain?
Hrmm... I use silicone tubing as well and have no issues. Is there a hole in the line, or is it cracked at the connection point? You said that you used one that would "fit"... is it too loose, thereby allowing air to be sucked in? The tubing should be snug. In fact, you should have to heat it to get it to connect to your barb fitting on the container. Can you provide me clear pics of your setup: dosing container and connection points, pump heads and connections, and where your output lines feed into your sump, please.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PSA:

Ours is a story of resilience, determination, and perseverance; born of violence and oppression. Today, above all else, is a celebration of what we as a people have endured, both in the diaspora and our ancestral homeland. Please remember that as you use today to drink yourselves into oblivion whilst pretending to be "Irish" and perpetuating negative stereotypes. The warcry was, "No surrender!"

1000008182.jpg 1000008181.jpg

Last edited:

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hrmm... I use silicone tubing as well and have no issues. Is there a hole in the line, or is it cracked at the connection point? You said that you used one that would "fit"... is it too loose, thereby allowing air to be sucked in? The tubing should be snug. In fact, you should have to heat it to get it to connect to your barb fitting on the container. Can you provide me clear pics of your setup: dosing container and connection points, pump heads and connections, and where your output lines feed into your sump, please.
I had a large collection of various airline tubing (all new), and only one was snug enough during testing to work. I'm thinking this must be the problem. Last night at set up, only the output line had air, and this morning it was in both lines.

(Please excuse the mess, until things work correctly it's only temporary.)
IMG_20240317_092425886.jpg
IMG_20240317_092450437.jpg
IMG_20240317_092436143.jpg
IMG_20240317_092514620.jpg

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PSA:

Ours is a story of resilience, determination, and perseverance; born of violence and oppression. Today, above all else, is a celebration of what we as a people have endured, both in the diaspora and our ancestral homeland. Please remember that as you use today to drink yourselves into oblivion whilst pretending to be "Irish" and perpetuating negative stereotypes. The warcry was, "No surrender!"

1000008182.jpg 1000008181.jpg
Traced my line back to Omagh Ireland. Is that where the orange comes from? Most people don't know the green orange connection on the flag either.

Back