OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good evening, Heathens! It has been a busy couple of weeks here in The House of Orange, and as such, I have not been as diligent as I should be in keeping up with everyone's threads. I have not been doing a lot of updates, either; two things that will be remedied now that things have calmed down on my end.

I have been, as you know, (finally) renovating the guest bath in anticipation of family visiting from California, but I have also been helping my father sell his house in NYC and relocate to the Delaware beaches. This has led to a lot of travel. I dropped the family off at the airport enroute to NY to acquire Wrasseputin and I'm happy to announce that my Pop accepted an offer on his house, and his offer on the house in DE was accepted.

Anyways, enough of the whining. Here are some system updates:

- I lost my Black Widow acro

- In my absence, something knocked the TSA Long Island and Golden Jawbreaker loose from their respective mounting points and they are MIA.

- All other coral is thriving and I am seeing explosive growth. The exception being with the two Hirsutas. They are moving along at a snail's pace.

- Speaking of snails, I'm about to evict all of the turbos from my tank, because I'm pretty sure they are responsible for fragging my frags. The lone exception being Bulldozer, who is the size of a baseball and never goes on the rockwork. He comes out at night and stays on the back glass.

- Wrasseputin is already out and about, happily exploring and hunting.

- I'll be placing three (3) Coral orders next week. Even with the recent losses, we'll still be on track to finish stocking SPS in May!

- I finally got around to hanging the R2R RGB sign above the controller cabinet. The Dainty Dictator is not happy with me at the moment. New shoes have been ordered.

- I'll try to get some pics later on.

Namaste for now!

Last edited:

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

- In my absence, something knocked the TSA Long Island and Golden Jawbreaker loose from their respective mounting points and they are MIA.

ones you've fragged for me? as promised I forgot the names half-way home. I should write things down...
(insert memento gif here)

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

ones you've fragged for me? as promised I forgot the names half-way home. I should write things down...
(insert memento gif here)
Unfortunately, no. They weren't large enough yet.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I woke up this morning to Wrassputin stuck to the powerhead. ****....

I don't get it. He seemed absolutely fine. Swimming, hunting, even eating pellet and prepared food. No obvious signs of injury. No disease- he was treated in copper for over 30 days by the vendor, and I observed him in the tank before being packed for transport.

Sad day.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't get it. He seemed absolutely fine. Swimming, hunting, even eating pellet and prepared food. No obvious signs of injury. No disease- he was treated in copper for over 30 days by the vendor, and I observed him in the tank before being packed for transport.

Sad day.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:::insert lots of bad words::::::

I'm sorry dude

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sad day.
%×<÷^-&♤°♤》○》☆♤(!(,@;#^#_》《•□•€€•♤.
Sorry man.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, guys. Dems the breaks, I suppose. I just feel awful when I lose a specimen. Poor thing came home with me only to die.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sad day.
Oh no! You must be gutted :-(. Universe can be a bad B sometimes.

Sorry for your loss. Very sad day.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh no! You must be gutted :-(. Universe can be a bad B sometimes.

Sorry for your loss. Very sad day.
Yeah. I don't know what TF happened here. My best guess is that the mere thought of spending time alone with creepy Uncle @907_Reefer was just too much to bear, and he swam head first into the Vortech.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I don't know what TF happened here. My best guess is that the mere thought of spending time alone with creepy Uncle @907_Reefer was just too much to bear, and he swam head first into the Vortech.
These were my immediate thoughts as well.

OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Fish Styx

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, if there were a silver lining for today, it's that I found the Golden Jawbreaker! It is now firmly reattached (for now) to its spot on the aquascape. Let's hope it stays put.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sad day.
So sorry. :frowning-face:

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sad day.
I'm so sorry! Losing fish is never easy. :frowning-face:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Screenshot_20240328-190851.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back