OP
OP
chrisjj625

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated full tank shot today. Managed to F up my other FTSs so I only have one now :(. Tank has been maturing nicely seeing coraline on the back wall and powerhead. Actually had to clean the powerhead and remove it. Finally seeing speckles on the rocks. Super excited about this. My TCK Ultimate Stag RTNed on my. But, still has some patches I will try and save. Also, my birds nest completely bleached on my, but is making a comeback and has some pigment showing now. So not everything has been as expected, but loving the seeing the tank mature.

Peter A

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set this tank up and have the Kessil AP9X as well. The BRStv videos on the AP9X says it has more than enough PAR for SPS and with the shallow tank like the Fusion 30L Pro. Its should be more than enough. I am curious how its going with your SPS? I am planning on having some SPS at the higher PAR areas and LPS/softies at the other areas.

OP
OP
chrisjj625

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set this tank up and have the Kessil AP9X as well. The BRStv videos on the AP9X says it has more than enough PAR for SPS and with the shallow tank like the Fusion 30L Pro. Its should be more than enough. I am curious how its going with your SPS? I am planning on having some SPS at the higher PAR areas and LPS/softies at the other areas.
My SPS is doing fine. I have actually turned the light down because the center of the tank was bleaching anything I put there. I am now getting better reactions on the edges too with less light. I haven’t got par numbers, but I like what I see.

OP
OP
chrisjj625

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo I took the plunge. I started Vibrant. I have been battling what I think it golden algae soon after my rock matured. I am starting out at a dose of 2ml per week to see if that can help me get ahead of it. My SPS has been kind of hit or miss. A lot of it started growing and I had a couple STN and 1 RTN on me for no apparent reason. The tank is still really young so I am not super concerned with chasing down the cause. I am also thinking about incorporating a skimmer, but I can't find one that people love for this tank. I need to update some pictures as I have brought my hammer back from being bleached and also the birdsnest that completely bleached on me is beginning to color up. Thus, I think things are going well overall.

Peter A

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo I took the plunge. I started Vibrant. I have been battling what I think it golden algae soon after my rock matured. I am starting out at a dose of 2ml per week to see if that can help me get ahead of it. My SPS has been kind of hit or miss. A lot of it started growing and I had a couple STN and 1 RTN on me for no apparent reason. The tank is still really young so I am not super concerned with chasing down the cause. I am also thinking about incorporating a skimmer, but I can't find one that people love for this tank. I need to update some pictures as I have brought my hammer back from being bleached and also the birdsnest that completely bleached on me is beginning to color up. Thus, I think things are going well overall.
I am looking for the right skimmer too. I am leaning towards the reef octopus HOB 90, 100, or BH1000. I eliminated the aquamaxx HOB 1.5 because of the blue/yellow color. It would be a distraction the the tank I think. The Reef Octopus is clear and I think it won’t attract so much attention.

OP
OP
chrisjj625

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New FTS 2/22/2021
01EAFCD3-DDCC-4754-BE13-33FB2FA92CE9.jpeg

OP
OP
chrisjj625

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much needed update. Moved back to Michigan. You can see some details here. And of course, some updated pictures. Let's do some top down shots. I also updated my stock list with new/deceased corals and fish.
tempImageIEsgiZ.jpg
tempImagewwdk9b.jpg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.8%

Back