OP
Emac909

Emac909

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank.
Curious how well you like the MP40 box over the tunze box.??
Nice job on the box also.

To be honest. I'm really happy with it. I do like to tunze wavebox but when I had one on my 135 I hated that I didn't have much control over the pump its self. On or off that's it and the light sensor was stupid. With the mp40 in the box I love it. I have full control over the speed of the pump, frequencies of the pulse, and with the ecosmart live through the radion's I have full control of my night mode.
I have spent many hours playing with the mp40 in the box to figure out what gave me the best wave. I have found that I get a larger wave when the pump speed is towards the lower end and the pulses are at the forth light from the end.
I have a buddy that wants me to make him 2 boxes for him mp60's. I told him one would b plenty.
Ill do a DIY build when I get started on that.

OP
OP
Emac909

Emac909

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the hair algae is but all most gone. 1 patch left
bybyru9u.jpg

uqy4ymav.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's good news! Great job and it's looking good!

OP
OP
Emac909

Emac909

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other day I was reading up on upward algae scrubbers (UAS), and how much people that run them love them. I was get sick of all the splashing caused by the falling water, so thought I'd try an UAS. Well I don't have a side panel on my sump that I could attach an UAS to. So I made a flat lying ATS. I made a 1" by 18" by 24" acrylic box. I left one of the large sides of the box off, so that I could put a large screen on the open side. The screen side faces up and made a venturi inlet pipe so I could get water and air in the box. The idea is to have the air and water pass through the screen holes.
abegu3ym.jpg
yqada7at.jpg

OP
OP
Emac909

Emac909

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last weekend at the reef club get together. I got my sohal back from a buddy who was watching him for me while I was upgrading. Sad part is the sohal was the fish I wanted to add last. But had to put him in first. He had killed 2 of my buddies fish and my buddy had to segregate the sohal by using egg creat.
4yjy3ajy.jpg

Yesterday another buddy gave me a purple tang cus he needed to lower his bio-load. Well yesterday the two were at it like cars and dogs. Today is a completely different story they r schooling together.
y9e7uved.jpg

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good to know that the tangs are co existing together. those two from what I've read are two of the most aggressive tangs out there. good luck.

OP
OP
Emac909

Emac909

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good to know that the tangs are co existing together. those two from what I've read are two of the most aggressive tangs out there. good luck.

Thank you. So far so good. The purple has even tried antagonizing the sohal now. The sohal only takes so much then he put the purple back in his place.

Over the weekend I picked up a GBTA and a few maroon clown. They r misbared maroons. I thought they were pretty bad A when I saw then.
2ybuje9u.jpg

2e9apyju.jpg

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good deal. what's the nem count now? so you're going with a pair of Maroons to house with the nems?

OP
OP
Emac909

Emac909

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good deal. what's the nem count now? so you're going with a pair of Maroons to house with the nems?

If got 8 total right now. All bubbles.
I'd like to get a few types of clowns in the tank. But had to get these maroons when I saw them.

OP
OP
Emac909

Emac909

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been a month sense I've updated so here's a few nem shots
6ahepu7a.jpg

This 1 just split on 3/15
babyra5u.jpg

5uje9ehe.jpg

usyjajem.jpg

aza2ede4.jpg

5yrade9y.jpg

3ezu6yda.jpg

ygyqasap.jpg

I also changed out the MH for a AI vega that I won @ the SCMAS/MarineDepot Demo Days.
qeny3e7y.jpg

ry4e2u7y.jpg

ne2u6a5y.jpg

OP
OP
Emac909

Emac909

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I was able to score a nice clown tang. So now someone is going to call the tang police on me. Current tangs in the tank are and added in this order
First was Sohal tang, then purple, later the yellow and blue were added at the same time. Last would b the clown tang. I would love to get an Achilles tang but I think that would be pushing it.
Will I added the CT yesterday around 4pm. Watched them till 6 with not much fighting. Took the family to the movies, when got home the lights were out but I did notice the CT had a little cut on his back. Got home from work today and saw that he got tagged pretty good. But he also did tag the sohal

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back