The Maelstrom 120

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2019
Messages
1,535
Reaction score
1,710
Location
RVA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The beginning - 2019.

20190727_182846.jpg


20190819_135222.jpg


20190826_121825.jpg


20190902_075658.jpg


20200112_095944.jpg


20200114_081139.jpg



20200117_125022.jpg



Midlife Crisis - NSA Redesign - 2020

20200919_085615.jpg


20201005_084729.jpg


20201218_105639.jpg


20200430_142531.jpg


Microscopic (dime-size) OG bounce (before)
IMG_20200412_185559_01.jpg


***2022***


Coming soon.
 
Last edited:
I’m really looking forward to this one. Outstanding work so far, never seen an unfinished wood stand look so nice, and finished.

Im loving the wood two tone, and if it were up to me I’d replicate that pattern by painting the bottom moulding dark... and maybe even around the doors. But that’s just me. Carry on!
 
This build is coming along beautifully!
 
the stand looks great with the bottom painted dark, good call. can't wait to see the controller cabinet all wired up and finished!

So I went ahead and added 2" casters to the stand; unfortunately, on the carpet it's a bit unstable due to small contact area. I'm thinking I'll be taking them off and matching the base to the main cabinet out of 2x4 scrap I have left.

Oh well, had to try it.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new