The Mandalorian on Disney+

Dine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I’m in the “I’ll keep giving it a chance” camp. Episode 1 was ok, 2 I thought was very slow and felt like an odd second episode.

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two and one were likely one episode that they divided to give to shows that first week. I expect the remainder will all be about an hour. I am a homer and love them all!

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like it better now that I've cleared up that it's not Boba Fett. I enjoyed the 2nd episode more than the 1st. The character seems to be developing well. I also like Kuiil a lot.

There were still a couple of things that bugged me... I was a bit surprised to see Jawas and with the same style vehicle as they have on Tatooine...ok I'll admit, I felt that was lazy by the writers... and was it weird to anyone else that the Child could use the force like that with no training (or maybe he's been trained?? He is 50 years old...)

LOL Maybe I'm a tough customer. I'll keep watching. After all, it is Star Wars.

I have spoken.

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it’s Star Wars, so if you want to start understanding every detail I’d recommend hitting up wookiepedia (yes it’s a thing) and start learning about all the different “canons”, as there are quite a few, which has led to lots of different spin offs. Not everything is as it seems I guess. This is also where people get different ideas for the overall series on trying to guesstimate things like who Supreme leader Snoke is (palpatine? Jar jar binks? Yes there is a theory on this).

you have to treat the mandalorian as a new, original story within the Star Wars universe to show you a perspective of post return of theJedi. Who knows how babyYoda knows the force.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll binge watch it when the first season is further along.

Well, made it 2 days, watched episode 1 with the kids last night. I thought it was good, the main character is much "warmer" than I expected. I'll keep watching :)

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Todays episode was great. Baby yoda and the mandalorian vs the world. I love it. LOL.
The jetpacks, all the mandalorians,etc. Good stuff.
We all know who the real enemy is now...

darth jar jar.gif

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So......

I assume everyone has watched it through?

My wife and I watched the whole series during Christmas break. We both liked them....although she is infatuated with The Child.
saving it for next summer

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So......

I assume everyone has watched it through?

My wife and I watched the whole series during Christmas break. We both liked them....although she is infatuated with The Child.
I liked it a lot. A few episodes were pretty boring to me, like the space jail episode, but all together the first season was enjoyable.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched the first episode again. In the end I feel like baby yoda could have Jedi mind tricked mando into killing the droid and then has used him until he’s ready to carry out some bad guy stuff. Baby yoda is the bad guy. He’s 50. He knows what’s up. Adorably deadly.

I hope that’s the marvel “what if” universe. I love baby yoda. Just nerding out.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched the first episode again. In the end I feel like baby yoda could have Jedi mind tricked mando into killing the droid and then has used him until he’s ready to carry out some bad guy stuff. Baby yoda is the bad guy. He’s 50. He knows what’s up. Adorably deadly.

I hope that’s the marvel “what if” universe. I love baby yoda. Just nerding out.

But does he really understand his powers? The Child took a nap after one incident. He's 50, but from a species that can get very old...900? That does open up some issues with the little guy not knowing his own strength, he could be grumpy kid and destroy everything.....follow the dark side.

sharpimage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to take the series similar to "Tanked". If it's on, I'll watch it, but if it didn't exist I would have been ok. It's kind of hodge podged together. A little of this, a smatter of that, lets throw it against the window and see what sticks.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the series started slow but got better as it went.

I also suspect that this is going to be a setup for future movies. With the time period this takes place, baby yoda has the potential to be a young adult right after Rise of Skywalker. So many possibilities.....

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it better now that I've cleared up that it's not Boba Fett. I enjoyed the 2nd episode more than the 1st. The character seems to be developing well. I also like Kuiil a lot.

There were still a couple of things that bugged me... I was a bit surprised to see Jawas and with the same style vehicle as they have on Tatooine...ok I'll admit, I felt that was lazy by the writers... and was it weird to anyone else that the Child could use the force like that with no training (or maybe he's been trained?? He is 50 years old...)

LOL Maybe I'm a tough customer. I'll keep watching. After all, it is Star Wars.

I have spoken.
Woah woah spoiler alert man! :p

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back