The Mindstream is DEAD!! I'm getting mine soon!

Paul Sands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Paul it cannot be 10 digits. Each strip will have some informstions associated with it and need to be saved...am guessing the property of that specific strip, this information cannot be stored as one 0 and one 1. Each calibration data will be represented with a string of 0 and 1s:))...
That's what I think otherwise we will have to agree to disagree here.

For fees it adds up paul.

Let's assume Penny's an example, x-penny a paramaters a day X 10(paramaters) X 30(day) X customers)+ cost of the disk itself+packaging and shipping+resources for the logistics of shipping and coordinating...it adds up..

Also what I think and we can agree to disagree.
Being from this domain I have great appreciation to what these guys are doing still...

You aren’t even paying attention. I said numbers. I said nothing about zeros and ones. For example, if the alkalinity of one particular disk is low by 0.1, then that’s the only information that you need to include for the machine to recalibrate.

I get that costs add up, but you were arguing that they were “pushing huge amounts of data” through the cloud that would cost astronomical sums of money. This just isn’t true. It’s a minuscule amount of data for each user. Pennies a month per user. Again, you aren’t even reading a thing. You are just looking for an argument.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You aren’t even paying attention. I said numbers. I said nothing about zeros and ones. For example, if the alkalinity of one particular disk is low by 0.1, then that’s the only information that you need to include for the machine to recalibrate.

I get that costs add up, but you were arguing that they were “pushing huge amounts of data” through the cloud that would cost astronomical sums of money. This just isn’t true. It’s a minuscule amount of data for each user. Pennies a month per user. Again, you aren’t even reading a thing. You are just looking for an argument.
am not looking for an argument, we are cheating and discussing a topic...I respect your openion though I personally believe it's not correct.you can do the same...that's ok

we will agree to disagree.

Hopefully we see the product soon and start having fun with it.

Paul Sands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won’t hold my breath for these to start shipping. Maybe sometime after the election we’ll see one.

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They said 6 to 8 weeks an they will ship so lets see what happens. I for 1 am glad this is hitting the market its going to be a lot easier swapping disc than worrying about changing bottles out ,hoses an calibrations.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They said 6 to 8 weeks an they will ship so lets see what happens. I for 1 am glad this is hitting the market its going to be a lot easier swapping disc than worrying about changing bottles out ,hoses an calibrations.
Agreed.
Do you know if their focuse is north america or world wide?

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An if they could have got Nitrates to work on a Disc. that would have been something.
Oh man that would be dream.
Some of the ion based probs are promising no3 but still to be seen...
If mindstream add no3 am sold 100%..
Its getting harder and harder not to buy, I just want the rest to be released so I chose and get some with this waiting anxiety ha ha ha

Darrell Brady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe these ion probes will work on nitrates an you can buy single with out having to buy a whole unit. when you just want to test for nitrates

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It saves a .bin file that you can later load. Try admin / 1234

I found the admin / 1234 recommendation on a thread here today and tried it... There were at least two other people on that thread that had the same issue. When I try it, no workie... Have you tested it? If so, do you have an Apex 2016? If you're right, and you can now backup to a file that will be huge!

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the admin / 1234 recommendation on a thread here today and tried it... There were at least two other people on that thread that had the same issue. When I try it, no workie... Have you tested it? If so, do you have an Apex 2016? If you're right, and you can now backup to a file that will be huge!
Try to change the local password and then try again, some have reported when changing the password the 1234 will work.

U

User1

View Badges

Yes, it works for me. I have not restored it, only saved the bin file.

I've also saved a few screen shots in case I have to type it in manually or want to remember the layout I have should something happen.

Jeff_H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it works for me. I have not restored it, only saved the bin file.

I've also saved a few screen shots in case I have to type it in manually or want to remember the layout I have should something happen.
Thanks - I'll give it a try after I get this work project completed!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
“YES! We are working on releasing these folks from their Product Testing Agreements very soon which will give them the ability to share their experiences with the masses.“

I’m guessing that mindstream could release these beta testers from their NDA’s with a 10 minute call to their attorneys. There is a reason they haven’t, just like there was a reason that they said the monthly maintenance charge “started” at $34.95/mo when the recurring payment really was $39.95/mo.

This company seems as legit as the fyre festival.
It doesnt say that. It says that starting subscription process starts at 34.95. (i.e. if you commit for a year) - if you buy it monthly - it is $39.95. I didn't notice you complaining when Neptune was doing the same thing for months.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I understand the “clarification”. Their website and marketing materials still say “Subscription plans start at $34.95/month and will be purchased within the MindStream web app after you have received your monitor.” yes, it’s technically correct, but they don’t clarify it unless you buy one and then you find out that you either have to pay $5 a month more, or trust an unproven company with $40o upfront and hope they last 12 months to get all the disks. Adobe offers a year’s subscription to photoshop at $20.99/month on their website. You don’t click on it and find out that it’s actually $25/month unless you prepay the full year when you are checking out. The bait and switch that mindstream is using regarding their service plan is shady at best.

Major credit card companies don’t allow companies to charge customers until a product ships. When you pre-order these, are they charging your card immediately and then delaying shipment for 6-8 weeks?

You are incorrect about major credit companies. first of all here is a website describing the marketing : https://www.flycart.org/blog/subscr...ur-customers-to-pay-one-off-for-subscriptions

Second - Go to time magazine's website - and price out a subscription - its 12/year - renewed annually. Its a common practice.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are we talking about redox and orp?
The orp prob is 700$?? Really?

The dissolved oxygen probe for the apex is 700. Dissolved oxygen is included in the mindstream...

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure how you figure:
Mindstream: $1,000 + ($40/mo x 12 mo x 4 years) = $2,920
Trident: $600 + ($45/2mo x 6 x 4 years) + 100 maintenance x 2 =$1,880

Even if you throw in the cost to add an apex, the trident is still cheaper.

If they had loads of funding, they shouldn’t have needed to charge your card until the product shipped. They clearly don’t have cash.

Ummmm... well most people will use the 35$/month - and secondly you're forgetting the need the for apex......

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back