The Mindstream is DEAD!! I'm getting mine soon!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My darn Ca is for some reason all over. Alk no problem but corals are hating the Ca changes.

i am sick of testing. I need a testing device! Which one?

Anything but this IMO. Their continuation to push shipping dates by months at a time, while they continue to collect money, is quite indicative of a product failure and redesign. If they provided updates on the reason for the delay, I wouldn’t be as suspicious.

The GHL, Coralvue, or Apex units are from much more reliable companies, that are less likely to disappear to Morocco :).

This post may sound provocative, but it’s honestly my understanding of things at this point in time.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think I have identify with option “E”, all of the above :).

I doubt the unit is currently functional as advertised, given how they continue to miss shipping dates without keeping any of their customers informed. Typical Kickstarter failure tactics. Keep collecting money, keep pushing the deadline, disappear to Morocco :)
Its possible - but @Daniel@R2R hasn't mentioned any problems. - and I doubt they would make something for 10 people - and then run away - but - anythings possible

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anything but this IMO. Their continuation to push shipping dates by months at a time, while they continue to collect money, is quite indicative of a product failure and redesign. If they provided updates on the reason for the delay, I wouldn’t be as suspicious.

The GHL, Coralvue, or Apex units are from much more reliable companies, that are less likely to disappear to Morocco :).

This post may sound provocative, but it’s honestly my understanding of things at this point in time.
I will say this - but it will come out wrong - You are lying. The shortest shipping date was 6-8 weeks from July 1 - thus - they have pushed SOME shipments the most no more than 6 weeks not months at a time (note I'm not including what they said before they said they were shipping). Again - for anyone concerned - its very simple - cancel your order - or chargeback your credit card - No one needs this type of input - unless

You havre ordered one? You want to order one? You ordered one and are returning one? Otherwise its is just stirring up an agenda.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its possible - but @Daniel@R2R hasn't mentioned any problems. - and I doubt they would make something for 10 people - and then run away - but - anythings possible

He hasn’t mentioned any problems yet haven’t compared the tests to anything, posted any screenshots, or informed R2R members of his thoughts in any meaningful way. No offense intended, I know he has to tread lightly around stuff like this. Why wouldn’t he post if it was working? Obviously it’s not. If this post is unacceptable feel free to delet

The product is not shipping. There is a failure. And Mindstream is not keeping customers informed, after taking their money.

If you are recommending this product or company, @MnFish1, to me, it just reflects poorly on you.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There was a delay on the replacement disk for the first month, but I got an email from them notifying me that it was a production issue that had been corrected. I got my replacement disk shortly after, so as far as I'm concerned it was a brief hiccup, but that was it. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that whatever production delayed the replacement disks would also delay the shipment of new units (since units all ship with 2 disks).

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He hasn’t mentioned any problems yet haven’t compared the tests to anything, posted any screenshots, or informed R2R members of his thoughts in any meaningful way. No offense intended, I know he has to tread lightly around stuff like this. Why wouldn’t he post if it was working? Obviously it’s not. If this post is unacceptable feel free to delet

The product is not shipping. There is a failure. And Mindstream is not keeping customers informed, after taking their money.
I'll let him answer @Daniel@R2R - but I would suggest that you search for his posts

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a delay on the replacement disk for the first month, but I got an email from them notifying me that it was a production issue that had been corrected. I got my replacement disk shortly after, so as far as I'm concerned it was a brief hiccup, but that was it. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say that whatever production delayed the replacement disks would also delay the shipment of new units (since units all ship with 2 disks).

ahh so there was a problem in production causing all the delays. Thanks for the update, that’s exactly what I was suggesting. I just wish Mindstream could tell people that instead of needing to hear it from a third party. People have spent $1000, they deserve SOME respect.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ahh so there was a problem in production causing all the delays. Thanks for the update, that’s exactly what I was suggesting. I just wish Mindstream could tell people that instead of needing to hear it from a third party.
Without out being offensive - Why do you care? The people that ordered one can easily cancel their order lol. I dont understand your 'concern' for those who have ordered a unit. But thanks:)

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He hasn’t mentioned any problems yet haven’t compared the tests to anything, posted any screenshots, or informed R2R members of his thoughts in any meaningful way. No offense intended, I know he has to tread lightly around stuff like this. Why wouldn’t he post if it was working? Obviously it’s not.
Ok, Harry, I actually do take offense at this. Perhaps it's not in your intent, but it seems to imply that I would intentionally mislead the members here since EVERY post I've made about the unit has been to say that I haven't had any issues. If I had had issues with the product, that should lead people away from purchasing, I'd definitely not be making posts telling people that I'm happy with the unit.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without out being offensive - Why do you care? The people that ordered one can easily cancel their order lol. I dont understand your 'concern' for those who have ordered a unit. But thanks:)
Because I am a logical person. Read my posts- I suggested a production issue causing a delay BEFORE Daniel mentioned it. I do not see an issue with any of the content I have said- if you do, please message me.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, Harry, I actually do take offense at this. Perhaps it's not in your intent, but it seems to imply that I would intentionally mislead the members here since EVERY post I've made about the unit has been to say that I haven't had any issues. If I had had issues with the product, that should lead people away from purchasing, I'd definitely not be making posts telling people that I'm happy with the unit.

I didn’t mean to suggest you were trying to mislead people. You are NOT a shill whatsoever, clearly, as I haven’t seen you brag about it at all or even remotely advertise the features. I was just trying to express to MnFiSh that the unit is clearly not working as well as advertised, because if it was, we would see a lot more information from you. Like in your sentence, you say [i am not posting that I am happy with the unit]. That is treading lightly; the reverse of “I am unhappy with the unit”.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Because I am a logical person. Read my posts- I suggested a production issue causing a delay BEFORE Daniel mentioned it. I do not see an issue with any of the content I have said- if you do, please message me.
When I was interested in ordering a Trident - for example - I went the threads to ask questions - make comments- when I decided against it - I stopped. Again - if you dont intend to buy one, etc etc - besides making problems - what is the agenda? I mean - its not helping anyone right? reminding them that their product is delayed? You're not offering a consumer reports number or a better business website? You're just agitating. it just gets a bit old. And- I read your posts - obviously - there is a delay 'somewhere' - otherwise shipments wouldn't be delayed. I could have made the same post::). With all due respect

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn’t mean to suggest you were trying to mislead people. You are NOT a shill whatsoever, clearly, as I haven’t seen you brag about it at all or even remotely advertise the features. I was just trying to express to MnFiSh that the unit is clearly not working as well as advertised, because if it was, we would see a lot more information from you
Ok. Thanks for clarifying. IMO the unit works as advertised. The only issue I've had has been the slight delay on the replacement disk. I have intended to provide more info on the unit as to my experience, but for issues with my own life schedule (I work multiple jobs) and trying to get my tank back in line after running it as a FOWLR for the last 1.5 years (basically, it got neglected).

The Mindstream has provided me with the a much needed simplified way to track parameters for much better husbandry. I like the ability to watch trends and do a much better job at keeping things stable. I'm rebooting some other things in the tank, but I hope to have it back in great shape soon, and I owe a lot of my ability to do that to the Mindstream's tracking of params.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You havre ordered one? You want to order one? You ordered one and are returning one? Otherwise its is just stirring up an agenda
This was essentially the point of my original post. There seems to be a handful of folks intent on going around to every thread just to stir up trouble with no actual skin in the game. And I have to wonder what the point of expending so much energy doing so is? Many have stated they'd never purchase the product convinced the company is a scam, so why not just move on and ignore anything Mindstream going forward?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
By - the way - since it was said to me via PM that I'm biased because I spent money to buy the product - thats absolutely correct - I'm biased for 'myself'. For everyone else - I will repeat it again - rather than complaining about shipping dates here - just ask for a refund - or if you cant get ahold of the people at Mindstream - do a chargeback on your CC. Period.

U

User1

View Badges
Reminds of the old saying 'two wrongs dont make a right'. In the Apex/Trident threads - it was people who had ordered the product complaining (or those who wanted to) - some here are just 'agitating' - and its not just this thread - its every thread they post on

Maybe, I have no idea. Both are hard to get. One has waiting lists and a magical unicorn. The other you pay up front and get updates at least saying where you are. Has I have said - demand is good regardless of the product.

U

User1

View Badges
By - the way - since it was said to me via PM that I'm biased because I spent money to buy the product - thats absolutely correct - I'm biased for 'myself'. For everyone else - I will repeat it again - rather than complaining about shipping dates here - just ask for a refund - or if you cant get ahold of the people at Mindstream - do a chargeback on your CC. Period.

We all have our biasness. Unless it is full on propaganda I don't hold it against anyone. I think in this thread, and others, most everyone is pretty grounded. Last one or two pages seems to be calling some people out but even then I wouldn't. It is the internet and people read a lot of different things and post in some.

I've not seen any trolling.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all have our biasness. Unless it is full on propaganda I don't hold it against anyone. I think in this thread, and others, most everyone is pretty grounded. Last one or two pages seems to be calling some people out but even then I wouldn't. It is the internet and people read a lot of different things and post in some.

I've not seen any trolling.

Agreed. Everyone has their opinion and understanding of things, and the very purpose of this community is to discuss topics relevant to the hobby. Nobody is trying to intentionally mislead anyone.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think I have identify with option “E”, all of the above :).

I doubt the unit is currently functional as advertised, given how they continue to miss shipping dates without keeping any of their customers informed. Typical Kickstarter failure tactics. Keep collecting money, keep pushing the deadline, disappear to Morocco :)

Well - if they disappear to Morocco - at least they have provided us with hours of entertaining dialogue back and forth. Its kind of like a movie...

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agreed. Everyone has their opinion and understanding of things, and the very purpose of this community is to discuss topics relevant to the hobby. Nobody is trying to intentionally mislead anyone.
Agreed - no one is intentionally trying to mislead anyone - but for example - I dont go to the Kessel light forum saying ' why buy these, they dont seem to work, so I've heard'? I just let people discuss their Kessel lights while I enjoy my radions. There seems to be a number of people who continiously post on the @MindStream threads with the same questions over and over and over and over and over. It just seems odd to me. Perhaps I'm overriding

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back